Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

Just when you though it was safe

Reign is back on Adult Swim on all 5 days @ 1:00am

Marginal news, Lupin is going to be the 1:30 slot for Sunday-Thursday

Bad news, Cowboy Bebop & Trigun are being sacrificed.

Monday - Thursday

11:00 Furturama

11:30 Family Guy

12:00 Kikaider

12:30 Inuyasha

01:00 Reign The Conqueror

01:30 Lupin the Third

Sunday

11:00 Home Movies

11:30 Harvy Birdman: Attorney at Law

11:45 Aqua Teen Hunger Force

12:00 Sealab 2021

12:15 Space Ghost Coast to Coast

12:30 The Oblongs

01:00 Reign The Conqueror

01:30 Lupin the Third

logo.gif

Edited By Outerverse on 1055395521

You know, what the hell is up with cartoon network. They seem to get something right, then do the exact opposite just to fuck with you. ISH has been lobbying to get anime on the sunday comedy block forever...

Happy now?!

I'm kinda pissed that trigun has been cancelled already, considering that Cowboy Bebop has been on for a year or so. And it's the same length. Reign is just ass. Fuck reign, nobody wants to see it. Nobody likes it. On Lupin III, eh, no comment. I like, but I don't think it should get 5 shows a week. I'd rather that go to some big ass show that needs 5 shows a week to get done (slayers slayers slayers...), or Inuyasha, which is a longer series then I *hope* Reign is. If reign is a long series, I hate CN even more.

On that kikaida the animtation or whatever, it's kinda cool, but what the fuck is up with the animation?? The char defsigns are fine, but they seem to be mashing 1960's anime stylling with fucking 2000 instant anime tricks. It looks like ass, even if the plot is cool. Side note, is that Ultraman under a different name, like, is that Ultraman's original japanese name??? He looks really friggin' similar.

Meh.

Yeah... Reign is crap. Even the Adult Swim spots make fun of the bikini plate armor/codpieces/whatever. Stuff like "On today's episode, King Alexander will go completely butt naked.

...okay, not really, but he might as well! Sheesh"

Yeah. So, anyway, Lupin is on more; with the extra episodes that they added in when last they brought it back, it at least has enough eps to keep going for a while. But Trigun only got the run-through, like, twice before they axed it. Reign got about the same before they took it out and brought it back. But, quoth the bard, "Reign looks like ass."

I dunno. I'm gonna start emailing up a storm, here. It might help if other people do, too.

As for getting anime on the Sunday run, I was looking more to having just the comedy stuff on Sunday and anime the other nights... Family Guy seems like it would fit in better on Sundays. And yes, Badger, it's still a good show, but I'd like it better if it was on Sundays. :P

You know, any time. Like where the Oblongs or Reign is on now. Or any other place. Futurama I don't mind, especially since there's quite a few episodes of that, but taking it, Reign, and Family Guy elsewhere would free up an hour and a half for Trigun, Bebop, and... well, hell, something else. Anything else. The mating habits of monkeys with Ebola would give Reign a run for its money in appeal.

Oh, wait, Pilot Candidate. That's what they should bring back. Or the semi-unedited versions of Yu Yu Hakusho and Outlaw Star. Though yu Yu Hakusho is still playing on Toonami.

Glitch... you're right about the Ultraman thing, but I have no idea. They really do look similar.

Of the two shows axed--Bebop and Trigun, I'd rather have Trigun back, at least. Bebop's been on for the ENTIRE time Adult Swim bas been on the air, beginning with their humble Saturday Night schtick. So it could stand a break and make way for some new (GOOD would also be nice) content.

So yeah, what they SHOULD do is something like this:

Monday through Thursday Shows:

------------------------------

Pilot Candidate

Trigun

Kikaider

Inuyasha

Outlaw Star or Yu Yu Hakusho or Cowboy Bebop, Whatever

Lupin the Third

Sunday Night Shows:

-------------------

Home Movies

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Sealab 2021

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

The Brak Show

Family Guy

Futurama

They'd have to play more than one ep of one of the 15-minute shows (Harvey Birdman, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab, Space Ghost, or The Brak Show) to fill up all the time slots, but that would be fine with me. The Oblongs... crap. Reign... crap. Cowboy Bebop... could be done without, we've all seen it hundreds of times now. But it's still worth keeping around if they don't put Outlaw Star or Yu Yu Hakusho or something else on in Reign's place.

Just my two cents... or so.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Just my two cents... or so.

Yeah, your "two cents" are always more like a buck and a quarter... :P

Anywhohow, they need different anime on Adult Swim than just bringing back what they had before. Evangelion wouldn't hurt the lineup a bit... and neither would Vampire Hunter D. Two series i'd like to see in their entirety, instead of just an episode here or there from my friends' DVDs.

Earthworm Jim needs a good home too... but I don't think it's quite Adult Swim material... maybe it would be good for regular programming fare. I'd watch it.

Well, there's my nickel. Go buy a Tootsie Roll with it or something... or maybe some Bazooka Joe buble gum. You get a free little comic with it... ;)

Edited By Badger-san on 1056668842

*cough* While I appreciate the Eva pimpage, I doubt it would make it to TV. Violence and allot of nudity towards the end, and such. Sure, it's nippleless, but... yeah. That and ADV already has their own channel, so they'd probibly have the big draws like Eva stick to their network, because it's a pay channel. Grumble.

On Vampire Hunter D: Unless I missed something, VHD is only the two movies, not a series. I think. Is there a series I'm not aware of? That would be cool, actually.

Well, yeah.

Well they are going to bring back "Big O" which now has a second season. Also coming is another Kikaider knockoff, "Cyborg 009" which looks exactly like Kikaider.

Hmm, I guess that since AstroBoy has made a comeback all these 60-70's style cyborg animes are becoming popular.

Oh and yeah, Vampire Hunter D only has the 2 movies.

Edited By Outerverse on 1056680315

So, okay, Eva would be a good addition, and Big O could stand to make a comeback in some form. Whatever. But still, I'm sticking with my theory as to how it should go... though Pilot Candidate can be swapped out, as can that "whatever you want, as long as it's not Reign" slot.

Though if they used my system, they'd probably throw Big O in the Whatever slot and leave off Eva... mostly for the reasons Glitch mentioned. I mean, heaven forbid that they should ever have vaguely adult-inclined programming on Adult Swim. :P

Anymore, Family Guy is occassionally TV14 and that's IT. Everything else is TVPG-S (sexual situations) or TVPG-VLD (violence, foul language, suggestive dialogue) or something. With the "Nobody under 18 should be watching" spots playing every half hour, you'd think that the TVPG Lupin wouldn't be the most risquÃ?Æ?Ã?'Ã?â??Ã?© thing on.

Which it is.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Anymore, Family Guy is occassionally TV14 and that's IT. Everything else is TVPG-S (sexual situations) or TVPG-VLD (violence, foul language, suggestive dialogue) or something. With the "Nobody under 18 should be watching" spots playing every half hour, you'd think that the TVPG Lupin wouldn't be the most risquÃ?Æ?Ã?'Ã?â??Ã?© thing on.

Which it is.

They just have to be extra paranoid, since Cartoon Network's viewing audience is mainly comprised of kids. I guess that's the only reason, though. :P