Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Hey all.

Sorry I haven't been posting. I just got a second job, at UPS, and it requires that I get up at lovely ole 2:30am. Also, I'm still working at the Glen most afternoons. So the last week, I've been getting home and pretty much falling asleep just to get back up really early. I should have enough time to get something written this afternoon as I only have to do one job today thank God. So, again, sorry about the absence.

SB

Ah, I was beginning to think you might've already started another move of yours, but you've just been having your life force drained away by the beast known as the union... or labor... my vocabulary is too lacking at times to attempt these jokes.

In any case, good to hear you posting, yo, or claiming you'll do such. I know I MIGHT take a break from it due to some complaints about my excessive posting, but I'd hate to see a drought start. I'll try to remain calm, though.

But yeah, post stuff man. You're a week or so behind now :P

I know I MIGHT take a break from it due to some complaints about my excessive posting, but I'd hate to see a drought start. I'll try to remain calm, though.

Remember, so long as we're hitting our one-post-a-week minimum, there's no "drought," as such. I realize that I'm late this week in getting at least one post in (I'll get something up tomorrow), but we're not trying to ditch, we're just a bit busy with life right now. :P Or maybe we've mellowed in our old age and one post a week is about right for our more simplistic lifestyle... nah. :P

I dunno about this 'complaints about excessive posting' bit, though, as you usually tend to write a lot anyway and this shouldn't generally be frowned upon in a cooperative writing venture, but it *can* be a little intimidating when I come online and have to read five new posts in three threads before I can figure out where exactly everybody is, THEN start formulating a post. It's been hard to make time to read all the posts and write new ones this week, so thus the outage. Not that I think that you should post less or anything; I'm just saying that when I'm short of time this can be an issue that comes up and ends up delaying my input. I shan't be short of time next week and intend to 'bring the big guns to bear,' as it were, but if others are in the same boat I am, then I can't fault them for not managing to write three things a day. :P

I'm just giving you crap. My main point is that you set a minimum and then went on kinda implying that merely meeting the minimum wasn't quite cutting it, though I don't think you necessarily meant to and by my pointing this out I don't mean to blunt the edge of your tremendous enthusiasm. I just mean to quell your fears that some of us are slacking off and suggest that you calm down. We still have time to go before this is all said and done. ;)

Besides, you, Nameless, and Cap are steaming along just fine with only occasional input from the rest of us. Why mess with what's working? :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

ISH said basically what I wanted to say, only he didn't fly off the handle.

It may be a game, but it's not a posting competition. The winner isn't who flat-out posts the most over everyone else.

Just try to reel it in a bit. You're firing an AK-47 right now when you should be using a sniper rifle. All of us is more creative than one of us, and the more evenly dispersed our posts are between more writers, the more BOTP the end result will be. At this rate, you're one or two notches below writing the entire BOTP yourself. Why even bother posting if someone is posting for himself and two other people? I won't even go into the fact that posting that many times in a single day in multiple threads makes it almost impossible to keep up (for me, anyway). I DO want to write, but you've gotta give me a chance. Two days does not a drought make.

Though, we've had this entire conversation already, so I'm basically just repeating myself.

Guess I'm just getting overly eager, yo.

The large amount of posts we managed in such a short time was getting me too into the nostalgia factor, making me want to have this become as active as the BOTPs of the distant past had been. 'Course, this is basically just one of many excuses I could spew out, so it'd be easier to just say that I will take a breather. I could use the time to work on my own things n' such, but my eyes won't be taking a complete shift away from BOTP.

So yeah, sorry folks. I'ma ease up on the posting, and also try to make my posts shorter from now on XP

I am going to write up a pretty good post TOMORROW, so you have nothing to fear.

Today, I have work to do and D&D at 8pm, so my schedule's sorta full.

Sunday is going to be all about BOTP, though.

Sasuke, I hope you don't decide to back off too much. Yes, your posts were getting a little excessive, but you are a terrific writer and I think you shine the most when you really pour your heart into a post instead of trying to hurry the story along. Some of your best work (Gilgamesh scenes, et al) happened when you really tried to feed off of what others were writing and further the style along. I know I work my best that way and I think that's what collaborative writing is all about.

I'm thrilled to be able to do this again as I haven't done anything since MIFF. In fact, this is the FIRST time I've written creatively, aside from poetry, since my last post in "After the Ragnarock". That was, what, 8 years ago?!?

So, I am really thankful to CapCom for forcing me to get back into it and to you (Sasuke) for moderating the board and adding structure to the whole thing (tasks that make this whole thing possible), along with providing some great material.

With that all said, I think quality over quantity is definitely key here. Afterall, you *DO* have a provision to extend the story for another month if it looks like the plot is developing nicely.

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work.

-- nameless out

...and to you (Sasuke) for moderating the board and adding structure to the whole thing (tasks that make this whole thing possible), along with providing some great material.

Thankya kindly, yo. Not sure 'moderation' is something I fall under, as far as the WHOLE board goes, but as far as the BOTP area, I still don't think I've done much modding beyond format corrections in the profiles and trying to keep the Current Standings up to date. Neko is the real one to thank when it comes to keeping the whole board maintained.

While I may have been going fast, it didn't really feel like I was rushing anything at the time. I was just getting ideas and wanting to get them down before I forgot them, but that shouldn't lead me to drowning out the creativity of others. I will post some time in the future, but for now I think it best if I allow everyone else to get a word in in terms of story posts.

I really DO want to post, though, ehheh heh...

for the record. I've been working my ass off with overtimes and saturdays lately so I really haven't been up to keeping up with the "1-post a week" thing. this is not going to end anytime soon so I'll basically try and get something in whenever I'm not passed out of exhaustion.

working up to 10 hours a day, 6-days a week, in 90-100°F weather at 50-100% humidity in boiler rooms that are probably 10-20° hotter than that, really drains a guy.

i'll post when I can if I have the energy to.

Crud sorry all! I know I said I would post...Twice, and I haven't. Similar to Neko...I've been getting my butt kicked trying to live up to my new work schedule...BTW, 230am is very a very dark time of what I won't even bother callling day.

SB

So... we had a tornado touch down about ten blocks from where I live, and the power's out (full story later). Right now I'm pirating internet from someone in my front yard, running the laptop off of my truck via a 300-watt power inverter and an extension cord. Xcel Energy says on their call-in information center that they've completed about 60% of the total repairs, and 80% should be done by tomorrow morning. The other 20% should be done by 6pm tomorrow. I don't know what percent I'll be in, but rest assured, it shall be hard as the dickens to post much of anything until they do. Not that I can't just sit in the front yard and pirate internet, that's okay, but running this thing off my truck shows that it should take about two and a half hours to charge the battery on the laptop.

That's a lot of gas for a four-hundred-and-sixty-cubic-inch V8 in a twenty-five-year-old truck. :P So I'll see you when the lights come back on.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well damn, that sucks, dude. Hope everything turns out well with those township-issued repairs and such.

... I don't know what else to say, really. It's not that I have inexperience with bad weather, my brain just isn't working at full capacity at the moment.

Well, everything's back online. Technically, the power came back last Wednesday afternoon, but then I spent the rest of the day getting the internet and all the computers back up and running and communicating with each other. Comcast was having some problems as well as Xcel with the whole tornado thing, I guess. Thursday I spent a good part of cleaning up sticks from the roof and front and back yards and hosing the front of the house off where a lot of leaves got stuck in funny places. Friday I helped a friend do the same, and then I was playing music at the local Renaissance festival over the weekend.

I guess I could've done something yesterday, but I was tired as hell. :P I'll get something in the works tomorrow now that everything is (seemingly) sorted out.

But I'm back, baby! :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Good to hear, yo. Nobody seems to be posting nowadays, and I've sorta told myself I'd only post once someone actually asks me to. I'd like to post, but I think I might've hogged this BOTP enough.