• Announcements

• KaizenNeko

Forum Rules (Read Me)   01/10/2010

When writing thread for stories in the Interactive Unrealities section please do so off-site using something like Word or Notepad before posting. This way should something happen when you submit, you will not lose any work.   Also when using Word, please preview your post before submitting. In the past there was an issue with Word's "Smart Quotes" being converted to garbage characters. Though this should no longer be a problem it's best to find out before hand rather than have to make a bunch of edits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InsaneSpaceHunter

HAY YOO GUYZZ!

6 posts in this topic

...or Sasuke, anyway. Hey! Hey! Guess what! Guess what! Hey! Guess what! I posted something! :P

Finally had a day off from everything, so I did this. Wasn't sure if it's gonna come down to everything ending tomorrow, so I gave Max a good end to his arc, at least.

I'll try to hop on tomorrow and do at least one more post before this thing wraps up. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

At this point I'm really unsure as to what to do. Don't get me wrong, yo, it's AWESOME that ya posted something, and the fact that you plan to post something else is even more awesome, but even so, I don't know if ending the BOTP when it was scheduled to end would be such a good idea at this point. The majority of this month has been without activity, and if such a large number of posters are unable to post than the BOTP essentially gets landed in some sort of limbo until people get the time to post (or remember BOTP, even). It would've helped to get some replies to my post regarding the situation, but the few that looked at it seem intent on keeping their feelings to themselves... oh well.

That load aside, nice post, dude. I'd like to make a reply, but I said I'd only post when asked, but given the circumstances... ah, what the hell. I want to post, so I'ma go post!

Yay something new to read! Sorry guys...Been heavy lately. I honestly don't know when I'll post :(. But I'm still interested in going on, and I think extending things a month is a good idea.

And Sasuke, dude, feel free to post. Don't be scared or whatever to just because of the junk that happened. I think that when people saw the site down for the few days it was kind of was a shock to the system...I know it was for me. So who knows. Maybe getting a few things posted will jump start things again.

SB

You had me worried there for a bit, Sword. I sent you an e-mail and even a Wii-mail (har har) because it just didn't seem like you to not be around for so long.

Sorry to hear that things haven't been easing up, though. I will try to post when I get the urge, but will still adhere to the altered rule and such.

I think, and this is in my uniquely... deranged? opinion... that the whole concept of end dates might be a mood-hamperer. Don't get me wrong, many of you are probably the organized, thinky types that actually set aside time to do stuff, unlike my fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants scheduling ways. But just like when we did too much in the stat system and had fifty slots and styles and attacks and such, maybe the whole "we WILL finish by this date" thing messed up the mojo. By no means should we try to drag this out forever, but when we're first faced with "post every week without fail or you're out, dammit" and then (most of us) end up havin' problems with life and whatever and can't make that happen all the time, then we start starin' the deadline in the face a week or two out which for (most of us, again) represents only a post or two, it's easy to not necessarily lose interest, but fall into a state of apathy.

I mean, I did somewhat; I probably could've hopped on and at least posted something, but without the real time to think about what I wanted to do, it seemed pointless. If I only got a post or two in before the deadline, I wanted them to be good, but I wasn't able to deliver the quality that I'd have hoped for, so I didn't want to do it as much. I reckon this might've been a problem for mostly just me with the deadline looming and such, but hey, that's where I'm comin' from.

So... are we doin' the extension, then? I don't think it'd hurt to move the deadline some; might take the pressure off and we might be able to actually get some more goin' with this thing before it's done instead of snuffing it out just because it's faltering. Mind you, this could also result in dragging something out long after it should've died a natural death, but if even half of us have one-sixteenth the interest Sasuke has in doin' this thing, we should be good. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

The point of the end date, as I recall it being, was to act as a motivator of sorts and give people a clear idea of when the BOTP should end. It was an old rule, really, that was brought back in light of the events of BOTP7 and TOU which had no given end dates and wound of going on for a very long time with months of inactivity (TOU having never been resumed as well). I realized that there'd be some with negative outlooks on such things, but it had been my hope that the positives would win out in the end. I guess I'm the only person here who took stress management as a health elective :P

But by this point, when our lives have reached a hectic point where BOTP gets left aside, we might as well DROP the end date concept and just end the thing when we believe it's gone on long enough.

I can't think of anything else to add to this message at the mo, other than the highly TMI announcement of wondering what form of female nudity I'll be drawing for the day. That aside, I'd like to give this BOTP the glory it deserves, and leaving an end date on if it's just going to invoke notions of 'what's the point' sounds like a bad idea if I've ever heard one. Blurp.