Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

I feel like such a jerrrrrk

The very select few of you that have probably been keeping track of BOTP are also probably aware of the sort of writing tug o' war I've been having with nameless. I'd like to think I never meant any harm, but the huge post I made, probably portraying The Architect wrong, would throw such a thought into question, and I apologize for that. As I hint to through Sasuke's speech in my recent post, I should probably be trying to make things silly instead of complaining about how serious things seem to be, so I'm going to make that the last time I write a post with Sasuke (at least until the end) and concentrate more on writing for other characters.

In the past, during the first few BOTPs, I had written too much for my own characters and at times simply wrote as a means of covering my caboose. I'm starting to feel like I'm doing the same thing now, advertising my own junk when I should be having fun with the BOTP. Mind, advertisements aren't wrong, but I've probably done it too much. I'm over the whole 'never write for my own characters' thing I had going around BOTP5-6 (or at least I claimed such then, I think), but I also believe I've gotten too into writing Sasuke. He IS my character and all, but I put him in this BOTP and thus at the mercy of other writers knowing the possible consequences, so I need to suck it up and leave him out of my future posts.

But yeah... it's nice that posts have been more frequent, so thanks for that, yo. I'm going to try to get my act together from now on, though I probably said something like that already. And I apologize again to nameless if I offended ya with what I wrote.

No problem dude. No offense taken. I just got the sense that my character has been rubbing you the wrong way and I wanted to make it clear that I have no specific intentions with him. I gave him limitations like The Plan (which we have been kind of moving away from lately), and the Unknown Garden's immunity to The Architect's power for a reason. Yes, he is God, but it doesn't mean that he is any more powerful or influential than any other character in this story. The whole 'creator' thing is more of just a background story, really.

I have been getting the sense that you might be suspicious that I will just wipe everyone out, or kill the plot using my character's omnipotence, and I knew some would fear that when I posted his profile, but I assure you, I'm just playing this thing like everyone else. It's not even entirely impossible that The Architect would die (or rather his avatar). So don't worry about him. I'm not going in any particular direction. In fact, I think I've written less for him than some of the other characters. Hell, I don't even know what 'the key' really is nor do I have any idea how one would go about destroying the Garden. I'm just making this shit up as I go along.

The plot is starting to turn in an interesting direction, so I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I really enjoyed your last post, Sasuke (hell even most of the previous one until you started getting all preachy! :( and I'm really excited to see CapCom starting to post again (even though he wrongfully interpreted that the lake was inside the ice-cave!)

One thing I'm really thrilled about: we seem to be able to resolve our differences through our writing, weaving our opinions into the context of the story, which I think is a monumental feat.

Great work all!

Let's finish this thing with a BANG.

-- nameless out