Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperSephiroth

a few things im working on

As of today im playing around 20 games. Heres a quick list of them and what i think of them so far.

Maximo: ghost to glory - semi good

Lufia 2 - some where in that good and bad limbo

Lufia - horrible

Secret of mana - Great

Chrono trigger - the best

Megaman 2x - bad

Earthbound - ok

Uplink - great

evo - bad

Supermario RPG - great

terranigma - great

Contra - bad

Legend of zelda - good but annoying

Starcraft - great

Seiken Destu 3 - great

Festers Quest - Wha What the fuck is this

Crystalis - great

Dragon Warrior -ok

And finally

Chrono Cross - Really really pissing me off

Are you playing the new Contra, or the OLD one, Seph? Just wondering... though I figure it's the new one.

On another note, yes, Uplink is great. I still need to play with really doing anything other than destroy various files on other people's computers and cover my tracks, but it's pretty cool so far.

I'm currently working on:

DC-Worms Armageddon (great)

PS2-Baldur's Gate II (interesting)

NES-Final Fantasy 1 (the game from which all RPGs descend)

DC-Vanishing Point (annoyingly hard, but a great racing game nonetheless)

Computer-Uplink (good)

Computer-Deimos Rising (really good)

Computer-Diablo II (though you can't really FINISH working on it, admittedly)

Computer-Warcraft 3 (actually bothering to finish the one-player missions now, really good)

DC-Charge 'n Blast (Big explosions, very little plot, alien bugs. Like a really good B movie in video game format)

Recently beaten:

XBOX-Brute Force (nifty shoot-em-up)

XBOX-Dead or Alive... uh... like, 3 or something (fun panty shots... er, I mean, fighting ^^:P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Hey ISH, if you're playing FF1, you might mant to consider picking up Final Fantasy Origons for the playstation. It's a two pack, containing the remade versions of FF1 and FF2. There are a lot of new features in both games, and the coolest thing is both games have completely remade graphics!

FF1 actually looks better then FF2, in the rerelease, anyway. But you also have a choce of having the game work like the NES version, or using the new features, which is a neat option, I suppose. And, there's an easy mode. I am using easy mode. The game is still hard. Mmmm.

Yes i am tweaking a few things out. For one im starting to put the systems down you know to prevent confusion and world wode chaos. Im almost done with chrono cross ( in chronooplis) and thats gonna be a full review with pics full in depth coverage ect. ect. Also im gonna do a little soul searching before i fully put down the number system. And yes the number system will stay.

Also wanted to state that chrono cross will not i reapeat WILL NOT be totally pummled to the ground. Its actually getting good. So um yeah look foreward to it. And also i guess im gonna toss the full review in here and there. Not gonna do it the entire time cause frankly my computer suck. So i swear im gonna post it in a bit probally in 2 days. So now you ppl wont think that evey game i play absolutly sucks. :P Yeah this is me playing some uplink right now trying to break down mainframes and im almost done with uplink. Stupid ppl tracing me. and on a final note (i know i keep draging this on and on) but my gta 3 review is coming up soon. Yeah i beat it a few months ago but i restarted. So i guess thats all i have to say for now.

I really need to come up with my little saying here

Just wanted t say that the chrono cross review will come as post #100. at 90 right now so it will be here in a few days . My gta 3 review will be up be 2night or 2maro depends on how much i play. and chrono trigger will be post 99. So just wanted you to all know. And finally the maximo coming up real soon. So just stay faithful k.

I'm sure the Chrono Trigger review will be a glowing one, eh?

Heh, well, I ought to have something ready for that. Infact, I actually wrote up a CT review a while back. It was an assignment from middle school, we had to review something. For english, one would assume.

Anyway, I seem to remember typing it up, and revising it some time later, because I had felt like reviewing stuff at the time. Well, the next day I didn't feel like reviewing anything else so the CT review sat alone for a year or two.

I'm *fairly* sure I didn't delete it...

Ehem, carry on!

Ahh my Chrono Cross review is about 3/4th's done so i swear its gonna be up soon. (mabey not as the 100th post) but i'm also working on star ocean. Which the main character is a total jackass. But still have faith it will be up soon.

Yeah, I've added a couple of new games to the "list of things I might eventually get off my lazy ass and review," including Eternal Ring (PS2), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (XBOX), Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GBA), Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), and the Mad Catz lines of controllers for both XBOX and PS2. Just because I'll either feel like venting or praising them, depending on whether or not I can get the freakin' macros to work consistently on my PS2 controller. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Just right now working on Star Ocean.

Kirby's adventure

Mother

Shining Force 1 & 2

And the sonic seriesI rellay need to finish my first list but ive become an adept at playing 50 games at once then beating them at the same time. So thats all for me.

Now on the list as well:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC)

James Bond 007: Nightfire (PS2)

Street Fighter EX2 Plus (PSX)

Galaga: Destination Earth (PSX)

Quake III Arena (DC)

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES)

Final Fantasy Origins (PSX)

Warcraft III Expansion Set: The Frozen Throne (PC)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX)

Unreal Tournament (DC)

I shall indeed write a review for something within the next week or so... probably after I take my rentals back. I'll at least write some blurbs and recommend/not recommend the game. You know how it is. Just gotta rip down a list of all the different games I'm working on, since I don't want to think about it all over again, and I've already posted it all. :P

Have a nice day!

The isnaen Space Hunter

Actually i wouldnt go with street fighter alpa 3 for psx. Try the dc version smoother graphic ect ect. And oh yeah almost done with uplink and uhh just trying to get rid of the revalations virus. Fucking timed missions.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the DC version of SFA3. Also, it's a lot easier to hook my PS2 into my TV in my room than it is my Dreamcast (though I could just shut up and buy the RF adapter... :P)... though, like I've been saying, the DC controller is great for fighting games (the Mad Catz one I got, anyway). Though the PSX controller is very similar to the SNES controller, which I'm by far the most proficient with...

I dunno. If the game has major problems with slowdown or horribly blocky graphics or something, I might try to pick up the DC version. I'll keep an eye out for it, anyway.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

*conversation goes over Glitch's head*

So, I'm playing approximantly zero games right now.

You heard me, zero.

Well, not really. I mean, I'm playing GTA3 (on loan from Seph), but I don't plan on beating it. I've beat all my final fantasies, so the replays I'm workin on don't count. I've yet to get into FF Origons, so that's not a go.

Ehm.

Yeah.

I want Max Payne back. But I also want GTA3. FUCK.

FUCK!

Final Fantasy Origins is a great revamp of FF1 & 2... I'm almost tempted to say that it's my favorite Final Fantasy (the position currently held by Final Fantasy the First, in its Nintendo incarnation).

Oh, and SFA3 on PSX is nice, indeed. The load times don't get in the way, and I really like leveling up my fighters to make them better and such. The arbitrary points I get millions of FINALLY MEAN SOMETHING! YAY!

On a related note, Chun Li gets her SF2 costume instead of the Alpha one when you play her with the X-ism style... the problem being that her Kikoken is locked out, as well as all her super combos except the seven-hit charge back-forward-back-forward kick one.

Still, the costume is cooler. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

While not my favorite Final Fantasy, FF1 certainly gets my vote for best use of 8 bit pirates.

Arrrrrrr!

Actually, the remake is, at least, 16 bits... hmm.

Anyone know what the wonderswan color's bit limit was?

Wonderswan? GameFAQs says that it's got 16-bit graphics.

That answer your question? ;)

And yeah, the redux version of FF1 is at least 16-bit... it plays like the later Final Fantasies on the SNES (like 5), but the graphics are a step ahead... like Tales of Phantasia or something. Smoothing. Color depth. Different-looking trees and mountains, not just different colored blocks.

Come to think of it, though, I like the different colored blocks. The game's not quite the same without them.

That, and the sprites are all different. I mean, the Red Mage looks like a Red Mage, the Black Mage and White Mages are fine, but Thief's blue hair is gone, and Fighter's a blonde now.

No comments by fans of 8-Bit Theater that the hair color seems appropriate somehow. :P Fighter's a dunce, to be sure, but we're not going to get into the whole blonde/brunette thing.

Thief actually looks like the thieves from Final Fantasy Tactics, with the green bandanna and all. Come to think of it, I never did finish Tactics... it got moring when I actually leveled up TOO MUCH and ended up being twice the level of the boss of the first act. :P

It was funny, though, for him to give half his dialogue before I toasted him with Holy. BAMF! Toast. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Ok just wanted to give you guys the low down on whats going on here. I will be up at the dells with glitch on tuesday and will be up there till thursday. But for now heres that lovely list youve all been waiting for.

just finished Earthbound snes

Earthbound zero nes

Tony hawk pro skater 2 dc

Tony hawk pro staker 3 ps2

rumble racing ps2

Super Metroid snes

beat Metroid Prime gc

Super smash brothers n64 (melee) gc

perfect dark n64

legend of zelda n64

legend of zelda majoras mask n64

and finally tetris sphere n64

so there you have it ill be writing reviews down on paper probally up at the dells. and maybe ill just have a misadventure. So thats gonna be it for a while and i swear more gameing stuff when i get back

i swear im gonna get some reviews up real soon. im just dealing with alot of crap like college and my mom always bitchn about something. So i got somewhere around 70 game just waiting for my say.

oh yeah and heres another fucking list

wild arms 3 beaten

spy hunter beaten

007 nightfire beaten

final fantasy x beaten

wold arms 2 not even close to done

lufia still cant beat it

lufia 2 look above

mother not done yet far though

perfect dark beaten

tetris spere beaten

zelda ocarana of time beaten

zelda majoras mask beaten

im gonna start saying if i beat them now so you people can start asking some questions like where the fuck is the review for <insert game name here> so i can (agree) or (disagree) with you views. BUt like i said im gonna get some up really soon.