Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Mass Effect 2

I'm only about half way through this game, so the only thing I can say so far is. Awesome! I'll post more thoughtful words about it when I actually finish the game which should be in a few days I think. This is one game that I almost can't put down...Skipped lunch yesterday to play, finally had to stop playing about half an hour before bed, otherwise I would have starved. Being able to port your character from the first game is a great touch. Its really cool to be able to move around the universe and see the ripple effects of you actions. If you have an Xbox and this game isn't in your library, something is possibly quite wrong with you.

SB

They removed so much exploration and RPG elements that it's now a tactical shooter with long "blah, blah, blah,..." scenes. And it's still fun. The level designers really did a good job. I don't know why I care but I'm not cheating on my alien blue chick (what's her name?) even if

Tali (making spoiler tag look longer)

is available.

I got the PC version and I have to say 3 things:

-Faster than the original Mass Effect for some strange reason.

-People who complains about poor console to PC controls are idiots. You don't really need to adjust mouse speed to the micro pixel and if you don't like using the space key to activate stuff just change the controls settings to 'E', moron.

-Cover in battle is cooler but as painful as before. ("Stay in cover darn it!", "Don't cover you idiot!")

Yeah, I bought the first Mass Effect for my PC the first time I played it. Never really had a problem with the controls, except of course for you Cover comments, although I think thats typical throughout any shooter game. I do think the cover system in ME2 though to be vastly improved over the first game. I have those screaming fits quite a bit less. Usually only when he gets into cover and then for some reason jumps over the cover right into the face of a giant bad guy. Fortuantly with the new and improved Adrenaline Rush, I've gotten out alive...Only times I have died is through stupidity. BTW, the Cain mini nuke has a fairly large radius...

Not sure if I miss the driving around in the Mako or not. The mountainous areas were annoying...But the new system still feels time consuming and annoying...Think that part still needs work.

Best upgrade of all though, Conversation interupts...I find myself laughing whenever I use a Renegade one as they usually involve Shepard being and absolute bad ass. (Best example. Mordin's loyalty mission. When that stupid speaker guy is giving a very long, long, talk. Love that :P)

Still talking more than I want to until I finish the game. Back to it!

SB

The only thing I really know about Mass Effect is hearing about it back in game classes and how you could get some lesbian action goin' on, yo.

Edited by KaizenNeko
No using D&D post icon here.

That would be the most popular part for a lot of people I would expect :P...Heck, I wonder why its not mentioned that there is an entire species of alien lesbians? The Asari anyone? They're all women! Figure that one out...

SB

Is completed! And crap...Now I have to wait who knows how long for the third one...Ever since Assassin's Creed 2's absolutely lousy ending I've been down. But Mass Effect 2's ending is top notch. Since I'm gettting ready to head for work (at 3 am) I won't say anymore than this. If you beat the game and go to start a new one, watch out! It erases ALL your saved games. Not sure if it does so to your achievements too, I don't think it will. But yeah, means I'll have to replay through the Paragon path before 3 launches...That kinda ticked me off. Oh well. Will post more thoughts later today after work!

SB

That would be the most popular part for a lot of people I would expect tongue.gif...Heck, I wonder why its not mentioned that there is an entire species of alien lesbians? The Asari anyone? They're all women! Figure that one out...

SB

It makes sense in a dirty sci fi way. Their species evolves by taking in the genes of other species. this is such an important facet to them that t's taboo for the blue folk to get down with each other. They are also sort of omni sexual; they don't care if their partners are male or female, and they can become pregnant by both male and females, IIRC.