Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SimBen

It is 2010, and SimBen is playing through Final Fantasy V for the first time.

Hey guys, thought this would be as good a thread as any to make my triumphant comeback on.

So you probably played this game, The Fifth But Not Anywhere Near Close To Final Fantasy, years ago. You were probably a stupid babby back then. It was in the previous millennium, and you played it on an emulator with a fan-made translation patch. We're talking back in the Deep Space Nine days. We're talking back when you had to call the internet. Over the PHONE.

Well, I'm an idiot, so it took me this long to get around to it. I'm now about 9 hours into a playthrough, just past the Ancient Library. So if you wanna lol at a noob, this is where you do it. I'll be posting all my OH SHIT and reactions to plot twists and nerdrage over here. Like at how bullshit it was to get a couple of those blue magic spells (seriously, L5 Doom? Fuck you.)

In other news, I don't know about you guys, but I sure could go for a hot dog right now.

FFV is my second favorite of the series, as hard as that is to believe. The job system is just so much fun. Blue magic is god in FFV.

The only Final Fantasy I ever beat was IV, and that was the one for the SNES called II when Square was trying to cover up for the titles they didn't send over.

I've only watched stuff for V. Never, ever, ever played it. Not even on an emulator, yo.

Still, it will probably be interesting to hear all your nerdages and geekiosos and dorkanos and what not. Probably.

Okay, I'm sold. I'm just past the Big Bridge early in world 2 and I gotta admit up until there I was hard-pressed to care about the story. It really picks up in a huge way once Exdeath shows up and you follow Galuf to his world and just get dropped right in the middle of a war that looks like it's been going on for years.