Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Really, now? It's been over two years since a post was made in this subforum? And I'm the one making a new post? Seriously? Anyway...

Boing.

If you're looking for something action-packed, something to stimulate your adrenaline, get the blood rushing through your veins, turn your face red with excitement... this is probably NOT the manga you're looking for :banghead:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (try sayin' that five times fast, yo) is a calm story about a very human-like robot chick and the people she meets and day-to-day tribulations they each face during peaceful times. I've found it to be very relaxing to read it, which I've already done about two times through, and it gets me thinking about things outside of bloody brawls and evil-invoked tragedies. Definitely something to check out if you're interested in settling your nerves, yo.

DG, aka Glitch, DamnGlitch, and Deej, showed it to me a week or so ago and I find myself going back to it frequently, even after closing out its tab (gasp!!). Like I said, there's essentially nothing here that'll get your heart pounding, but it should definitely provoke smiles unless you're a bitter old curmudgeon.

So yeah, check it out to maybe alleviate some of your stress in a way that won't encourage thoughts of savage blood-lust. It's certainly done well to make me more mellow, yo.

Oh, and make sure to start from the bottom chapter link on the page. This is probably common sense for some, but wasn't for me :banghead:

Finally I checked out the manga and site in general. I ended up spending 8 hours reading every chapter today. I absolutely love the story, though it got a little melancholy in spots but that actually not detracting in the slightest.

My gripes are they didn't go into a whole lot with the elder Alpha (A7M1). I felt she should have been left completely out of the story. I also felt the Creator either should have been been done the same, expanded on or left out. And, the Misago really didn't get a whole lot of time in the manga either (and one hell of an ahoge).

I digress...

It's a wonderful story. desu.png

haha uh yeah, since when WOULD melancholy detract from a story? ( I am consciously differentiating that from say angst, of which there is little to none at all.)

There are some thread I'd have loved to know more about but, from the eyes of the characters. they never learn, and that's part of reality. One of the interesting things about it is how closely it follows our rules, which still having natural outgrowths from them,