Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

Still Testing Forum Softwares

Just to reiterate, I am still on the look for a better forum package.

As you might know vBulletin has revamped their software in to probably the most bloated thing I've ever seen. I really don't think the new vBulletin is ready for prime time. Now we've used IkonBoard, phpBB, and vBulletin. I've also tested about a half dozen others offline. I have bit the bullet and bought a license to IPBoard and will be giving it a spin. So far my first impression has been positive. I'll post more once I've had a good chance to dig in and give the thing a good run. I'm also taking in to cosideration the skinng engine as well as over ease of use for both members and site staff.

I'll keep things posted as to what I think and if I like what I see, put up a test board here.

Test forum is up. No user gallery (I'll have to buy the add-on), and a few weirdities but I personally like it.

Invision Power Board

EDIT: Remember this is a sandbox so anything posted will ultimately be wiped. Also, due to testing there might be some NWS things on there. :B

Edited by KaizenNeko

Remember this is a sandbox so anything posted will ultimately be wiped. Also, due to testing there might be some NWS things on there. :B

Totally Sword Bearer's doing, yo, the closet perv. He's been trying to fool us all for years, but NOT ME!!

I'm watching yoooouuuuu.

m9n o___o

I'm watching purely for the chance of revealing your true colors, yo. If I want to make stares of the perverted kind, I need only glance over your heinous deeds committed upon Neko's sandbox.

Which still has a cat turd in it.

This might come as a bit of a shock and I KNOW will get a bad reception, but I think IU will end up going to black text on a light (or white) background.

No not like it is on the main page, that's the default WordPress theme. I'm thinking something along the lines of this [BlueMasters Template]. In the long run, I may do a dark and light theme but I think the default will be light.

Edit 1:

And already rethinking this idea, found some dark sites that looks really good.

[Twitter Media Blog] & [http://gantry-framework.org/]

I normally like dark sites because my room is dark, so it's easier on the eyes when the screen isn't dramatically brighter than the space around it, yo. I can still deal with dark text on a light background, I just prefer the opposite :P

I normally like dark sites because my room is dark, so it's easier on the eyes when the screen isn't dramatically brighter than the space around it, yo. I can still deal with dark text on a light background, I just prefer the opposite :P

Read the edited post above. Light skin will be an option to dark skin.