Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alldogship

Nerd rage time: E3 2010 edition

Your opinion on E3 2010  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Your opinion on E3 2010

• ZOMFG!!!!!!1 I want it all!!!!!
    • Some stuff I don't care but most are interesting.
    • I want this, that and that's it.
    • LAME
    • Don't care about videogames anymore. I got a life.

Partial silence doesn't seem to make a decent rage, yo.

Unless you live around sponges and daisies. Then I guess you'd be used to soundless bouts of anger.

In any case... I haven't been paying too much attention to up-and-coming games. I'm already hooked on games I already have which were released several years ago. Also, I've been really groggy lately and prone to long periods of inactivity due to brain bumps. Or something.

... yep.

I'm kinda excited about the 3DS. But my complaint about the rest of what Nintendo did still remains. And that complaint is, even though Nintendo showed off all this great stuff, new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong...its all the same stuff. Its just new Zelda, Metroid, and Mario. Nintendo is playing with loaded dice, not taking any risks. And for a company that claims to be the most innovative, they really aren't right now. Even the 3DS itself is a safe bet. Everybody likes 3D. As long as it works, which all reports claim it does and does so very well, its a sure win. I want to see them making strides again like they did with the Wii. Something that might garner them incredible respect, or, incredible disdain. Thats innovation.

...But after saying all that...Yeah, I'll be getting a 3DS on its launch day...And the remake of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Paper Mario...

SB

I'm kinda excited about the 3DS. But my complaint about the rest of what Nintendo did still remains. And that complaint is, even though Nintendo showed off all this great stuff, new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong...its all the same stuff. Its just new Zelda, Metroid, and Mario. Nintendo is playing with loaded dice, not taking any risks. And for a company that claims to be the most innovative, they really aren't right now. Even the 3DS itself is a safe bet. Everybody likes 3D. As long as it works, which all reports claim it does and does so very well, its a sure win. I want to see them making strides again like they did with the Wii. Something that might garner them incredible respect, or, incredible disdain. Thats innovation.

The human race has been around making crap for several millenia, and you STILL want new stuff? Mind, making strides towards original, innovative stuff is nice and all, but you have to cut people slack sometimes. If it isn't broke, don't fix it and that jazz. 'just new Zelda, Metroid, and Mario' is still NEW, just NEW stuff of EXISTING material, and its easy to grab attention with something people'd be familiar with and want to know more about, yo. You go to fishing spots you know well to likely bring back lots of fish, and you go looking for new fishing spots to die horribly and leave your village to starve and give in to cannibalism.

Regardless, I'm as behind the times as ever, so while I've heard about a lot of this new stuff, I know little of it beyond hearings. I'll probably need to invest in one of those 3DSs though if I wind up going nuts on my DS lite again. Its hot-glued now, and it can't be closed, but it works all the same, at least for now...

SB

Seriously, yo? Like, we know who you are, man, and we know you're the one posting this stuff. We're going to start thinking you've been possessed or replaced by the government if you keep stressing how much you're you. Have you been replaced/possessed, yo?

Shh, don't tell anyone! And I always sign my posts out of habit lol.

But my main point was that Nintendo claims to be the most innovative. I have no problem with new Mario, Metroid, or Zelda. Just that for a company that claims innovation as one of its main core strategys, needs to have MORE innovating material at all times. This is why you should always be very careful with your claims lol.

And not writing SB because SOME people complain about the two letters at the end of all my posts.

The thing is that the 3 gaming platform companies knows that we are reaching the ceiling of the graphic quality that people care about (Nintendo didn't try to go there yet, idiots). Games with 2D graphics are still here, retro is still in and look at the newest games for Xbox360 and PS3. Soon, a better gaming console hardware will only be for higher resolution and new peripherals. Graphic power is no longer innovative unless the game dev makes it innovative.

With that in mind, they will add more and more new/weird/innovative/useless/bulky peripherals until they sell mostly locked computers like the iPhone and iPad OS.

That's my rant toward the 3 console publishers.

I agree with Sasuke and SB about the games. Same old, same old. the thing is I think I will not buy the next Zelda. I'm scared it's the same "find dungeon based on a theme + puzzle + get dungeon item + get key + use the dungeon item that is only useful to kill this boss and is crap everywhere else" and repeat with some story in between dungeons.