Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Megaman 10

Finally beat MM10 last night. All I have to say is, Screw you Wily! Your fortress sucks! I HATE YOU!

Friggin hard...But I still beat it! So ha!

Oh and screw Capcom too...No cataclysm explanation...

But still, good game. Just really, really, hard.

While the events that lead up to the pooper of a world that exists in MMX and up may be absent from 10, that doesn't mean they were supposed to be explained then. Capcom probably wants to milk the classic series as much as possible before giving it an end. If anything, MM10 shows the precursor to a particular robotic affliction that is seen throughout the X series, yo.

And I thought MM10 was alright... the weapons given are pretty awful, though, especially when compared to the arsenal in 9. Too many of the weapons are indirect, such as Commando Bomb's explosion dealing the most damage, the spikes from Chill Spike acting the same, and the delay and difficulty in setting Thunder Wool, not to mention all the imbalances in the weapons themselves such as nature, damage, and ammo when compared to the game's apparently best weapon, Triple Blade.

Wily's fortress wasn't too bad, if ya ask me. Heck, I think Wily 1 in MM10 is probably one of the best around because of its boss.

There's already talk that Megaman 11 is being worked on for a 2011 release. :P

There's still a WHOLE LOT of room to fill between the Megaman and X series.

Remember, that when Dr.Light started work on X he was in his 70's or 80's hence the dying before he could see to X's completion himself. I would suspect that during the events of the classic series he is about 50 or 60 something. It should also be noted that Rock and X are not the same robot, but you probably already know that. Rock will never be older than 10 or 11 physically and mentally, while X does get older mentally (despite his voice seemingly increasing in pitch with time).

The destruction of the world in the Megaman X & Zero series was started/caused by Sigma between the events of X1 and X2. His reasoning was that if X represented the future evolution of the Reploids and because X was reluctant to sacrifice another, Sigma would just force X to use his full capabilities by creating the most extreme and dire circumstances and that by doing so X would bring in a new age for Reploids (the events leading up to the Zero series). Also it's been hem and hawed around that Zero is the cause of the Maverick Virus, but it's also kind of explained that Sigma went Maverick of his own free will and being a command-type Reploid, he manipulated (like how he got Repliforce to go Maverick), commanded (the Robot Masters), or out right controlled them (like the mechanoloids and Doppler).

As far as I can recall the whole timeline goes:

Megaman > Megaman X & Sigma's Apocalypse > The Cyber-Elf Wars & Megaman Zero > Megaman ZX > Megaman Legends

I never thought of Legends as being really associated with the other Mega Man games. Although it would be interesting to see them tie into eachother. I never got to play the second Legends game, so its possible I'm missing something there.

And Sasuke I guess you do have a point with the whole virus thing and the maverick virus. So maybe I'm being a little harsh :P...But still, wanna know what happened between Rock and X...Although I do like the explanation with the Cataclysm movies done by the author of Bob and George, those were cool.

We know the endings, why play more for no reason?

To add to Neko's blah blah:

-Sigma's Apocalypse ended by the use of Mother Elf and her cyber-elves.

-Some dude reverted back Zero to its factory settings (cataclysm kill all robots form) and fused him with a corrupted Mother Elf with mutated powers. This made the Omega Apocalypse that killed 90% of reploids, 40% of humans and drained almost all of the planet resources.

-Ending: Zero Mark 2 killed anyone still relevant to the MegaMan series. And he dies!

The Fucking End!! Go care about something else!

My my, someone's had a Megaman-hating-potato crammed up their hole. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm certainly not as obsessive over this timeline as you think, All. It's something to mull over, I guess, but I play the games mainly because I enjoy them. The storyline is just an extra to keep me thinking about other things than shooting stuff and not touching spikes.

And yeah, SB, Legends, as I recall hearing somewhere, takes place some several millenia or somethin' ahead of classic, X, and all that other stuff, I think. Mind that with a time gap this massive that most things relevant to the origins of the story have since faded away into nothing, even the ZX series does little, or heck, even nothing, to note what occurred in the classic series beyond little Easter eggs like L tanks and the American box art of the original Megaman.