Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Lets sing the "I hate PCs" song!

I'm not being entirely serious here, so don't go getting bent outta shape, yo.

Booooooooo...

*dumps load of rotten fruit into anti-big-baby cannon*

lol.

Actually, I'm getting ready to switch to a Mac because my desktop, which I designed for playing games, won't play games...Does everything else just fine! Friking thing just won't play games. I've struggled with it for 2 years now, constantly having to work at fixing it, sunk over a thousand bucks into it, and still can't get through the character creation process on Dragon Age (which is only one of many issues.) So, I'm getting ready to take it to proffesionals for help, and if it doesn't work after that, I'm going to post it on Facebook and possibly here, as I'd rather sell it to people I trust than on Ebay. But Ebay will be a second choice if nothing happens. If I sell this thing not only will I be able to afford a Mac, but another semester at school too. I hope.

lol.

Actually, I'm getting ready to switch to a Mac because my desktop, which I designed for playing games, won't play games...Does everything else just fine! Friking thing just won't play games. I've struggled with it for 2 years now, constantly having to work at fixing it, sunk over a thousand bucks into it, and still can't get through the character creation process on Dragon Age (which is only one of many issues.) So, I'm getting ready to take it to proffesionals for help, and if it doesn't work after that, I'm going to post it on Facebook and possibly here, as I'd rather sell it to people I trust than on Ebay. But Ebay will be a second choice if nothing happens. If I sell this thing not only will I be able to afford a Mac, but another semester at school too. I hope.

Learn how to self-troubleshoot, diagnose and repair and this wouldn't be necessary.

Macs are for quitters.

I have learned all those things...But having to do them constantly for over 2 years on something that I shouldn't need to, is annoying.

And isn't saying something like "Macs are for quitters" just admitting that they are better?

And isn't saying something like "Macs are for quitters" just admitting that they are better?

I think it would've leaned that way more if he said "Macs are for Nazis" or something to that affect. You know, more derogatory than 'quitter' :P

I have learned all those things...But having to do them constantly for over 2 years on something that I shouldn't need to, is annoying.

No. They aren't really any better or any worse. But, I don't like the "Macs are superior" attitude, never have and never will.

Macs are for people who don't want to work on their computers personally. It will break. It will fuck up. All computers do, eventually. The only difference with a Mac is that you will be paying someone else to fix it for you. That's fine if you just don't want to have to fuck with it anymore. However, for the record, you can also pay someone to fix your PC for you.

Well, I plan to take my desktop to somebody either today or tomorrow. I really am tired of trying to fix it, succeeding (Or in this case, especially the last few days, thinking I've succeeded only to have the problem rear back up.) I've fixed it myself for over two years only to have more and more crap break on it, and end up spending hundreds of dollars to replace parts. I'm sick of it. I want the problems gone! At least for a few months...Just give me that is all I ask.

And actually, one of the reasons I want a Mac is not only have I watched my mom with hers, she got one last year and with my "student discount" I got a free Ipod Touch off the deal. She hasn't really had any problems with it at all yet. Can't say the same with my laptop that I also got last year. And the people at the store not only give you the time of day, but are knowledgable too. Thats a big draw.

Well, I plan to take my desktop to somebody either today or tomorrow. I really am tired of trying to fix it, succeeding (Or in this case, especially the last few days, thinking I've succeeded only to have the problem rear back up.) I've fixed it myself for over two years only to have more and more crap break on it, and end up spending hundreds of dollars to replace parts. I'm sick of it. I want the problems gone! At least for a few months...Just give me that is all I ask.

And actually, one of the reasons I want a Mac is not only have I watched my mom with hers, she got one last year and with my "student discount" I got a free Ipod Touch off the deal. She hasn't really had any problems with it at all yet. Can't say the same with my laptop that I also got last year. And the people at the store not only give you the time of day, but are knowledgable too. Thats a big draw.

That's all well and good, just don't buy into the "Macs never break!" propaganda, because they do. I treated my laptop like an infant and eventually the DVD drive just stopped working completely. Then the AC adapter died. Then it just up and quit working altogether. I never dropped it or even sat it down slightly hard a single time. It broke on its own.