Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Mac.

Well, I am now, officially, a Mac fan. Biggest reason? The people down at the store who actually want to help you. I bought a new MacBook Pro, yes very expensive good bye tax refund all in one swoop, on Monday. Last night we go in for a thing they call One to One where basically they give you lessons on how to use the new stuff if your switching over from a PC. While there, we find out that the brand new MacBook Pros had just launched that day. The standard processor in the one I had got on monday was a 2.66 Dual Core...The standard in all the new ones were Quad Core, so a rather nice leap in power. They traded out my comp that I had bought on Monday for the newer version for no cost, and helped me transfer all my files and settings for free. There wasn't any crying about the hassle of returning anything like I have gotten at every other place I have been. I think it was worth dropping 2k on this thing just for the customer service.

And so far, I really haven't hit any issues with wanting to do something that my PC could that my Mac can't. And if I do, well, I have a full copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, I'll just load that up and do what I want with it. I think the new purpose for my old laptop has become "Target Practice."

I'm not in a financial position to be purchasing new hardware, yo.

My earliest memory of Macs go back to elementary, and only, like, one class, where I most vividly recall the goofy sound effects. I believe my most recent experiences involve the ones at the college, which I generally had no problems with. I mean, there were problems, but none were particularly severe enough to be embedded in my memory for me to recall on the spot.

I have no experience with tech folks for particular systems, so I don't think this one instance I'm aware of, as told by you, is something I should base my assumptions on. Unless others say otherwise, I'm just going to think that you got a good team for your visit. There might be good PC support out there and bad Mac support, too. Not so black and white n' such.

Wasn't there a post like this a while back that you made?

I'm not in a financial position to be purchasing new hardware, yo.

My earliest memory of Macs go back to elementary, and only, like, one class, where I most vividly recall the goofy sound effects. I believe my most recent experiences involve the ones at the college, which I generally had no problems with. I mean, there were problems, but none were particularly severe enough to be embedded in my memory for me to recall on the spot.

I have no experience with tech folks for particular systems, so I don't think this one instance I'm aware of, as told by you, is something I should base my assumptions on. Unless others say otherwise, I'm just going to think that you got a good team for your visit. There might be good PC support out there and bad Mac support, too. Not so black and white n' such.

Wasn't there a post like this a while back that you made?

Its possible I made a post like this awhile back...But I can't remember.

But that is one of the things I've noticed about this store at least. Its like how I described every time I've gone in there. I'm sure there are bad Mac stores out there. But for this store, they write the book on customer service. I really am not exaggerating really. Their CS is the best I have ever seen anywhere.