Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

Sooo... we up to anythin' these days?

Board has been awfully quiet for a few months now, it seems. Still rather bright, also :P

Just thought I'd try to break some of the silence by inquiring about recent going-ons, yo. Things have been pretty much the same with me. How have the rest of ya'll be fairin' out there?

I'm still around, just not on AIM and not using Twitter since I never really have anything worth declaring, and I usually miss out on / have little to contribute to the big discussions that may happen, but will probably use it if someone actually tries talking to me. I will talk here, though, because this place could use the activity, yo.

As it stands, my new computer, after freaking out once before I even had it for a month and requiring a reformat and reinstallation of the OS, feels like it's even crappier than how my old computer was after some seven years of service, not taking into account the times throughout those 7 years where it might've needed new parts. I'm not feeling keen on working on anything since I don't know if it'll decide to go nutty again (it froze last night after I closed Firefox and tried scrolling down the process list in the task manager) and that kinda sucks since I have around sixty things from sketchbooks to scan. When I do do something I try to put it on a flashdrive just in case. I still need to look into getting a decent external that isn't over a hundred dollars and see about moving stuff from my old harddrive onto it, since I mostly managed to save Sasuke-related stuff before my old rig died.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Can't think of anything else to put here.

That sucks dude. Honest to god you should really see about getting a part time job and buying something that's not a hunk of junk. I'm sure there's some way to fix what you have but we are a country apart basically and I've never been good at dictating tech support

As for the HDD yeah that sucks balls. There were massive flood in thailand last year that basically crippled the HDD market, so prices have been way up from before. That said you should be able to find a 1TB for about 100 if you find the right sale. Those prices will probably back to pre flood come fall.

I've had two applications for a nearby pharmacy laying around in my room for months now and I haven't done anything with them on account of being a stupid shit. If I had the nerve / motivation / whatever to fill them out when I first got them then I probably would have some funds of my own now. That being said, I do have the money for a drive, but I'm hesitant on spending it since it's in large bills. I'm stupid like that.

Thanks for explaining the price situation with those drives, man. I actually recall hearing about the floods, but I didn't realize that they'd impact tech like that. I still need to see which type / brand of drive would best fit my wants / needs. I think Badger told me about Western Digital and Neko I think talked about GoFLEX or something. What kind do you use? Because it sounds like you own a ton of them from what I recall.

Western Digital is pretty standard. The GOFlex OV is talking about is Seagate. I have both, and they hit at basically the same price. Whichever is the better deal, basically.