Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

Forums Upgraded

One of the main reasons I took the board down for a few days was so I could upgrade it to the latest update.

Why I didn't do this sooner, was I wasn't keeping an eye on updates until a few days ago.

I happened to long on during some down time at work and found we were getting 15-25 connections from one IP range. I thought it was Colombian since that what WHOIS reports back. But it turns out it was Baidu's spider scraping the forums like a horny dog dry humping a leg. So to reduce their bombarding the site, I have IP blocked one of their IP ranges. That has cut the number of connections down to about 5, the most I've seen so far since doing the block.

During the LAST upgrade Avatars & User Pictures have been replaced by ONE unified option, the User Photo. If one or the other is missing in your profile it is because of that update, only one would win out and it seems I chose to use User Pictures. :nut:

Update to this. You can associate your Twitter account and have IP.Board to follow you Icon from there. :)

I just went through and re-added the lost avatars from before the last forum update (not the move from vBulletin to IP.Board).

Also added the Blood (by Skinbox) & Infinite Dark (by IPBForumsSkins) back to the site so Sasuke can stop bitching about the brightness. X3 But the current default skin is Warrior (by Skinbox), I liked the look of it so I got it as well. The only down side to these skins is they're geared to "gaming sites" (aka OMG TEH COD & WOW FTW!) and I don't consider this to be a "gaming site".