Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

I'm on a machine again, folks

My pops was kind enough to bring one home today (I recall him mentioning something in the morning, but I didn't think it had anything to do with him bringing it home so soon).

It is apparently a "Refurbished PC with Genuine Windows(insert tiny circled R) XP Professional Software Preinstalled". I have yet to know if that is a good or bad thing. I also didn't know there was a group of some kind called 'Refurbisher'.

Anyway, thus far I've downloaded Security Essentials to give myself some, well, Security. Beyond that, though, I haven't done much else. Using IE at the mo' to access the board, and it looks kinda weird. I'm guessing it'll look normal once I get Firefox again?

I haven't had any problems yet, besides a neverending message about a missing volume or something that needed the insertion of an HPPP disc. I had taken the HP 3900 series disc out cuz I thought it was done, but I guess not. The message went away after that, and things seem okay thus far.

But yeah... I get the feeling that the stuff we took out of the old rig will probably be stored away a while longer, which kinda sucks since there's still the matter of salvaging my crap off of the old harddrive. I can wait, though. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get a new 'puter so soon.

For now, though, this kinda feels like a clean slate. I think the first thing I want to do it put up a nice wallpaper on the desktop. The one I had last on the old rig was this.

EP118_Deleted_Scene.png

It was all stretched out then, so it was kinda pixely and blurred. Any recommendations, yo? My current resolution is 1024 x 768, which I think is what I typically use.