Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperSephiroth

A few things on uplink - yeah that hacking game

For the last few days ive been playing uplnk like all hell. Just because its a great game. But i found a few cool things ill share with you all. Buy an IP lookup and put in the IP 128.128.128.128 it talks about uplink2 that their working on. Alos if you go to the site that has links to all the other sites (Intex I think it is) But look for the protovision game server that exact name. Put in the code "joshua " and check out the stuff in there. So thats it for no if you got any questions about uplink i probally can answer them.

Anyone who's played Escape Velocity (Ambrosia SW) probibly will enjoy Uplink. It's very open ended, and you decide how you work. Will you be a hacker of doom, or an internet vigilante?

The PC version is very solid, from what I've heard. The Mac port is shaping up nicely. It's been out mebe a month, and already there's been a new version or two. But, the Mac version seems to have an abundance of bugs. I mean, FUCK. The demo is all but unplayable, and version 1.3.1 has it's shares of problems. On a positive note, I haven't played 1.3.2 yet, and I hear it resolves a majority of the mac side issues.

Anyway, it's at least worth a look. I mean, it's shareware. Free play. Go, go!

A note on Escape Velocity/Uplink: If you enjoyed the way the story worked in EV, you'll like the way the story works in Uplink. The gameplay is entirely different. Like, the difference between apples and bananas, or the one between flying a ship through space and hacking your way through cyberspace to make a buck.

I mean, really different. Everybody says that fans of one will like the other, which is probably true, but don't get confused as to what each game actually entails. ;)

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well, duh ;)

But, you know what would be cool? If you could hack stuff in EV nova.

That would be so PIMP!

I mean, land on some planet, and have abunch of missions like in uplink. You just need to buy a special outfit or something. A game within a game. That would kick so much ASS!

Each planet could have different missions; planets with different races could have special interfaces... The possibilities...

Wahahahaha!

The game would be huge.... Massive.... ehehehehehehe.

*cough*

END TRASMISSION.

Yeah yeah on the introverion server they talk about uplink 2 saying that theres gonna be an online thing. But also found another thing. after you get caught (happened to me about 16 million times. fucking banks) in the upper left corner of the screen theres a symbol click on it to read som hyku poems from the producers.

Right now im currently investigating how to get a cheat program in the game. Something with the government sites and the uplink credits machine. Really dont know much after that but im trying my damndest to get it to inform you all.

Y'know, I'd wonder about the whole cheating thing and think about whether it detracts from the game... but then, I realize that it's really quite silly to worry about making a dishonest living in an honest manner. Doesn't it? :P

Like Grand Theft Auto... you're shooting the hell out of people, and stealing cars. Why not do it with all the cool weapons while you're at it? ;)

We await further updates.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Totally, nobody gives a shit about chating in games like GTA. Infact, most open ended games are easy pickings for cheating. I do it :P The whole Escape Velocity series is a tribute to this. Seph will back me up one this, took over the whole universe in a night we did ;)

I *don't* support cheating in RPGs... usually. Sometimes you're just like, "FUCK, FUCK CUNT BOSS." Most of the FF series is included in the no cheating zone, seeing as if you spend a little time to level up, you can literally do anything. Fuck side quests, just wander around the overworld for two hours.

This is Barring FF8, where mosters grow with you. But they're are *mostly* a cinch to beat, so that's not a problem.

yeah.

AY! YOU JUST WALKED THROUGH MY SHOT, YOU FLIPPIN' VAGINA!

Ok so i checked out gamefags er ..... gamefaqs and they say TooManySecrets for your user name and whatever password you want. Then hit F1 to get the cheats menu. But that only for version 1.1 or earlier. I found a way to get the way to get cheats to version 1.2 and up but it requires admin acess to the govenment servers. and then something about the uplink credits machine. Untill then ill keep you informed on my status.

Alright ive done it i got the cheats for the 1.2 version of uplink. Basically its what i said before you need admin acces for every govenment server. That means you need to take up a few missions for them. Thell pop up eventually. Then connect to the uplink credits machineand disconnect. Finally in the market the cheats program will be there for you to buy for 0 credits. Thats all for now. I love uplink...