Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alldogship

GameShark or Action Replay for GBA - an easy choice

Yesterday, I had to choose between GameShark or Action Replay for GBA and after a long internet search I made my choice.

Look: I don't care, it's all the same except for the logo.

Hardware: fore some strange reason (InterAct bought gameshark), the hardware is exactly the same. If there is codes for GS version 3, they will work for AR version 3. Both low quality hardware (you can open them easily)

Support: Gameshark, no new code support and no longer distributed. Action Replay, new code support and still distributed. (see hardware)

Work on Mac: NO!!! :P

Price: Gameshark: 50$, ActionReplay: 25$ (Canadian $, but you don't need to convert the prices to understand my point)

The best: ActionReplay.

Down point: NO CODE SEARCHING and almost no chances to have good codes for games with some "collecting" gameplay.

I cannot stress enough that GameShark/Pro Action Replay absolutely SUCK ASS. (BTW, they are the same thing. The name is a regional thing.)

The best cheat devices out currently are one like Code Breaker. CMGSCCC uses and recomends these: Xploder, Code Breaker, Game Enhancer.

Please note for PS2, Dreamcast & GameBoy Advance you must have a Code Breaker or Xploder to use CMGSCCC cheats.

The GameShark codes are released few and far between. CMGSCCC updates like all the damn time.

Or, here's a word of advice for ya...

<span style='font-size:57pt;line-height:100%'>STOP CHEATING ON YOUR GAMES!!!</span>

Bleh. Now I need to go take a nap. That size tag really took it out of me. :P

Not unless you can beat the final battle of the advance campain in advance wars or own 2 copies of Megaman Battle Network 2 or the other color of Megaman Battle Network 3 or spending 100 more hours on the first Castelvania just to unlock all the game modes.

Do you? <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Do you?</span>

Your right, my computer uses more energy when we use big words. I should try talking with CAPS.

At least, I'm proud to have unlocked everythink in Megaman Zero. Now I have to decide something about PhantasyStar Online...

1.) You should NEVER, EVER cheat on a game to progress and finish it. If you get to a "THE END" screen, then any time afterwards, it's okay to cheat. Never before.

2.) If you don't have friends with those games, then simply don't buy/play them. Just because it's Megaman doesn't mean you automatically need to get it. MMBN sucks anyways (I got the first one, unfortunately...)

3.) Never, EVER cheat on PSO. EVER. Unless you play exclusively OFFLINE (and I doubt you do). It makes the game a living Hell for everyone else by upsetting the economy of the game and giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

Edited By Badger-san on 1058324161

A few things i'm gonna state.

1 you can cheat if you want to regardless of what badger says

2 I've cheated in only a few games but only mainly after i desreved it or when there's an almost impossible part where it requires persise controls or something like that

3 And for cheating on ps1 have you ever played star ocean. Youll be fucking glad they made cheats for it because youll get cheap shotted like um ALL FUCK.

4 So as i say cheat if you want to. But if you do dont go all out like invincible for the entire game or something like that. Just stick to the lower ones making you not an all out god.

For Badger:

1. I agree

2. It's just for MMBN 2 and 3 where you need an other person to unlock a BIG challenge (2 is hard mode, 3 is harder boss and new chips)

3. I'm offline so... (don't want to pay a total of 110 CA$ + monthly subscription for a game that have a storyline more stupid than Phantasy Star)(at least, Ultimate mode shows that Sega have a good design team, but it's stupid that these weren't normal enemies.)

For SuperSephiroth:

1. yes

2. I remember my time with Body Harvest, good game but too difficult.

3. That's the other reason why I hate online gaming.

Edited By Alldogship on 1058358253

The only game I cheated on before I beat it was 7th Saga, and let me just put it this way... it's so hard, even with cheats, I still cannot beat it.

I have yet to beat 7th Saga, and I've owned it for EIGHT OR SO YEARS.

7th saga was easy if you leveled up like your supposed to do in all rpgs. Take dragon warrior for the nes. The game was purely built on leveling up and buying better equiptment nothing more. So just take your time if you have to go back a few areas and just level up. Its easy if you know what to do.

HAHAHA! I'm cheating RIGHT NOW!

They're are several games which are more fun if you cheat, and often tedious if you don't case and point, GTA. You can either go through a relitivly low key mission where the enemy happens to have a car busting shotgun thirty times for a twenty doller reward, or you could insta health it, pass the mission, and go do something fun, like run over people and kill cops.

I say cheating is a gift man gives himself! But seriously, some things are even below me. Cheating online, cheating in RPGS (generally, give or take in some areas), that's not cool. Cheating is justifiable, usually, when I feel the game is being tedious because of lack of foresight. I play games for fun. Not for a challenge. For the times I actually want a challange (few and far between, I might add), I play a new file (or whatever) that's cheat free. What the hell? I PAYED FOR THE GAMES. I should be able to fuck em, for all anyone else might care.

If I borrowed em: Sorry, Seph. I fucked your games. They now are all pregnant.

THAT IS ALL!

Oh, wait, BTW, I'm starting a new cheat free file in EVN. So I'm not completely sinful.

Very well put glitch. But you cant say anything about cheating for rpg's. But to sum this all up everybody cheats regardless of what you say. I've cheated youve cheated and god cheats when he plays his nintendo. So pleas badger dont act like a rightous god saying you dont cheat because the fact is youve cheated more than once. Everybody has just ecept the facts.

No, no, no.

You don't get it.

I CHEAT. A LOT. PROBABLY MORE THAN YOU DO.

I just wait until I beat the fucking game first. If it's stupid (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater), ridiculously hard beyond the level of "challenge" (7th Saga (I was on the max level, 50 I believe, or it may have just been 99, with max stats and the best weapons, armor, and Kamil as my partner (I was the demon guy) and I still couldn't even get to the fucking final boss. His cave is too fucking hard) or just because getting extra things (unlocking secret characters and stages) takes a ridiculously long time (Capcom vs. SNK), then I will cheat as soon as I find out what a bitch the game is.

Hell, I ruined my copy of Link's Awakening for Gameboy by using the Game Genie on it. I should sue Galoob for that one (even though in their manual it says the Game Genie won't cause any permanent damage to any game, what am I going to sue them for? thirty bucks, if I'm real lucky) I've probably wasted five-hundred dollars worth of paper and ink cartridges printing out codes for my games. I love to fuck with Final Fantasy 6 when I'm bored. Playing with Leo in your party is fun!

So, don't take it as me thinking I'm better than you for not cheating, because I do way more than my share myself. I just hate it when people cheat on otherwise really fun games before they beat them once (any Final Fantasy or Zelda game, most RPG's). If you have a lot of disrespect or frustration towards the game, by all means, cheat the fuck away. But don't plunk some codes in to your Gameshark so you can get to level 99 real fast and fly through the game because you hate leveling up. Only do that if you've beaten the game. What satisfaction do you get from beating the game if you've cheated on the first run-through? "Yay, I beat it! Well... my Gameshark beat it, but... well, I was there when it did! Yay!"