Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
levitatedBacon

Mario 2 nes - what was all the new and crazy things

What was up with Mario 2 for nes. They did have cool new people to play as. And the bosses that spit out the eggs. All that new shit was cool well at lest that is what I think. The black ninja bunnies, flying masks, damnGlitch now I call upon u to give use the names to all the guys. But really I potions that gave u the shadow door was good but they should have left the fire flowers and good crap like that. Now I got to play the thing to remember some more. And I never got to the end of it because my nes is crap and explodes after ten seconds of play time. Stupid nes.

That's what romz are for :whatever: No crashes (unless you are on a PeeCee, then anything can happen :wiggle:)

I'll look on X-E for the artical....

Shit,can't find it. I'll look more later.

More to be said later. Late now. Me sleep.

The thing with super mario 2 is it really never was a super mario game at the star. It started as something juki juki boom. Then they created Super Mario the lost levels in Japan. However because the levels were insanely hard for the american gamers at that time Japan decided not to release it in america till later. So basically all they did was make the characters in juki juki boom into mario character and there you have Super mario 2.

The thing with super mario 2 is it really never was a super mario game at the star. It started as something juki juki boom. Then they created Super Mario the lost levels in Japan. However because the levels were insanely hard for the american gamers at that time Japan decided not to release it in america till later. So basically all they did was make the characters in juki juki boom into mario character and there you have Super mario 2.

move aside, i speak moronese. :P

allow me to translate:

"The thing with Super Mario Bros. 2 is it really never was a Super Mario Bros. game to start with. You may know the actual Super Mario Bros. 2 as "Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels" on Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. Released soon after SMB1, SMB2 was to be shipped to the US, but it was deemed to be too difficult for US gamers. So, the race was on to create a new SMB2 that was much easier for US gamers. They took a quite unpopular game called "Dream Factory: Doki Doki Panic", changed the graphics a bit, and replaced the cast with Mario & the gang. Oddly enough, the game was somewhat of a hit, and the strange game, which is actually another game altogether, added a lot of depth and mystery to the Mario universe. Later on, our SMB2 was released in Japan as "Super Mario Bros. USA" and replaces SMB:TLL in the japanese version of Super Mario All-Stars."

lmfao. where in the fluffy blue fuck did you get "juki juki boom" from?

bacon, if that isn't enough information, then go here:

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smb2.shtml

Edited By Badger-san on 1066174534

They took a quite unpopular game called "Dream Factory: Doki Doki Panic"

I had heard the opposite, that doki doki was somewhat popular and they thought it would be a better release from SMB2 in America than the difficult and complete rehash that was the Jap SMB2.

Why would they risk fucking up their best series (at the time) with a shitty game?

because if they had used a more popular game, it would have been recognized.

nobody gave a fuck about ddp, so i guess that's why they used it.

i dunno.

ask someone who knows more than me. :flame:

I'm wondering, but did Nintendo even do DDP in the first place? It seems more like something a diny 2nd or third party company would do.

Bwah. Fuki Fuki Boom? Hahahaha!

Ehehe... sorry