Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

Nadesico - WEEEEEEE!

I first saw Nadesico on Cartoon Network during their "Giant Robot Week". Though they only showed 3 episodes, all of which were spaced apart, I became a great deal interested in it.

From a glimpse it just seems like another giant robot story, but the Aestivalis aren't as intertwined to the story as the robots in the Gundam series are. In fact, Nadesico has more to do with the Nadesico itself and the anime known as Gekigangar.

The whole mess basically starts when aliens called the Jovian Lizards attack the Mars colony. One of the inhabitants of the colony, Akito Tankawa, manages to escape by some unknown means and ends up on Earth. When he runs into an old friend he knew on Mars, he finds his way to the Nadesico and its crew of talented civilians. Though only wishing to become a cook, he ends up being one of the most needed pilots of the battleship.

I'd go into it more, but then I'd be spoiling it for those who might want to see it. Nadesico is the first real anime I've ever owned, and it will probably remain my favorite 'til the day I die. It is both serious and hilarious, IMO, each character's personality having a certain degree of humor to it. It is also one of the more optimistic anime I've watched, another thing I like. All in all, the main reason I got it was just so that I could see Ruri...

RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI RURI.

She's so damn CUTE!!!

Okay, I'm done, as per usual :stooges:

Ruri is very reminisant of Rei (from Eva). They both are pretty quiet, are confused by the emotions of others, and both happen to be the half clone of the main char's mother and an angel.

Wait, that's just Rei.

That and they both have a HUGE fan base. I think that anime fans happen to like the quiet ones more than the loud and abrasive ones... they're safer for them to like or something.

*shrug*

This is coming from the Shy Girl in Glasses fan.

So... yeah, Ruri is pretty cute, but like other aspects of the show, I think it got a little overdone. Personally, I liked the cook lady the best.

Lots of spice XD

Any word on is they are going to follow up the movie? Because that shit wasn't cool, how it just ended like that.

Also, the last song just poped up. It was like they ran out of bduget or something >: