Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alldogship

Harry or Megaman Battl net 3? (yes, I'm lazy) - yes, I'm laz

3 days ago, I had the choice of buying "Harry Potter 5 and the I-don't-care-about-the-rest-of-the-title-magic" or Megaman Battle Network 3.

3 days later (now), I passed Megaman Battle Network 3 on GBA with 20 hours of gameplay.

My general opinion about it is: THE BEST STORYLINE EVER!!!!! Better than Final Fantasy 6 or even Stargate SG-1 (it's not a game, it's in something called a "Television"), but as good as anything from Douglas Adams. It's a very good game too.

Now, I'm wondering if an 800 page book about a special guy going in a school for the higher financial class in a magical world filled with very racist people with monsters as slaves would have been better even if there is no challenge or interaction.

In other words: Good books vs Good games vs Stargate SG-1 (or Stargate Atlantis or Stargate, The Next Generation)

Bleh. Stargate: Atlantis was never as good as Stargate: SG1... or isn't, if that's the right tense. It just isn't/wasn't/was pretty crappy, IMHO. :P

As for games vs. books, I'd... er... well, a book is portable, but there's no exploration. It's all set in stone. I love to read books, but I also like to make stupid mistakes and bung up the game (just ask my Halo partner how many times I've killed the guy we were trying to protect in the co-op missions :P).

Also, there's secret areas in games... they don't hide parts of the book from your eyes that are only accesible through blowing up walls with dynamite. It's that sense of mystery and discovery, y'know.

Though books don't have zombies. Like return to Castle Wolfenstein does. That's a plus, I could do without the zombies.

But games increase hand-eye coordination and thinking skills; books just improve your thinking skills. So there's no manual dexterity to be gained from flipping the pages, just carpal tunnel syndrome. Another point for games.

Erm... the final decision: Yes.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Id say i have to go with games. As the many points stated by ish and oh what he basically covered them all. But yes i do like to read books on certain ocassions but thats about it. The only real thing wrong with games for me is it really fucks up my depth perception for some reason.

you dont know how many times i jabbed Glitch in the eye because of that. So plain out yeah games are for me.

And who the fuck thought zombies would be good in the 50th fucking game. Zombies = bad.

And a side note for halo when your all in the warthog jusmp out and toss a grenade at it. Watch those suckers fly. Brings more hours of gameplay. hehe

Lemme get this out of the way...

FUCK BUNGIE, FUCK HALO, FUCK XBOX AND

<span style='font-size:32pt;line-height:100%'>FUCK MICROSOFT!!!!</span>

Yeah. 2 cents right there.

I'd say battle network, because while the book is a long read, it won't last as long as the game. Plus, Sasuke gave it a good review.

So yeah.

Isn't bass and trebble in that one?

Hey, you know what? When the fuck are we gonna get a new megaman game? One that doesn't suck like oh, I don't know, MM8 did.

Fuck! I hate MM8. Stupid rocket skatboard surfboard levels.

Jump Jump, slide slide. Fuck fuck!

Lick my ass Megaman 8.

Ahh the rocket snowboard shit. In like almost every megaman. hmmmm but you still forgot to mention the gay voice that goes with the jump jump slide slide stuff. The only really good megaman in my opionon was rockman and forte. Cause i mean forte just kicked ass. rapid buster gun, diagonal aiming. ( i mean how fucking hard is it to aim up.)and the all mighty double jump. Then when you fight him in later games he rapes you merclessly. HOnestly bass forte or whatever the fuck you call him was the best.

Bass? Forte? Treble Clef? Slide? Jump? Mezzo-Piano? Whatever happened to Leaf Man, Cloud Man, and Rockman? ;)

Anyway, I already said that the game was the one to get, and yeah, MM8 sucked. Kinda like FF8... yeah, there must be something going on with those 8s.

But we'll not start that again. Have a nice day.

The Insane Space Hunter

All right, all right, I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist making the connection.

"Hey, it's me."

-Han Solo

This time, I actually mean it when I say I'll lay off the subject. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

2 things I want to add.

1. I made an important mistake about MMBN3 last boss. It's a cross of king's head and everything else is the first boss in Megaman & Bass (thee blob thing). Why is it a mistake? Play it and call me back. (just "Z" all the way :P;) )

2. From http://megaman.retrofaction.com/ News For Thursday 10th July 2003

The site also notes Axl as "The third hero who will connect the history of Rockman," which is anyone's guess for interpretation.

I WANT MegaLight X!!!! NOT AXL!!! ARG!! (BOTP reference)

Wait a minute i thought that fucking monkey form the megaman legends series connected his past. Ohh well let Axl or whatever do what he does. And lets not forget the ever so popular reputation of cheap shots that capcom offers. dont you just love them.