Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperSephiroth

Max Payne - PS2

After reviewing way to many bad games i finally found a good one hopefully this is a good omen of things to come. Ohh wait Chrono Cross is coming up. so nevermind.

Falling and falling harder.

You basically go by this through out the entire story. You start the game haveing your wife and child murdered then a conviced felon and you just keep going down. Max really isnt your basic hero on some vailant quest to destroy the dragon or whatever hes just out there to get revenge and kill anybody who gets in the way. This is how every level goes. You find some bad guys to kill take their guns and find a way to the next room or hall then kill more people. Now repeat the process about 5.3 billion time and add 2 dream sequences and there you go. But Max Payne has more to offer than just plain out fragging you get offered bullet time. Which is the most useful ability in any action game period. Bullet time cause the slow down Matrix stlyeand you can either run around in slow mo or do a dive. The only really annoying part is when enemies rain explosive death from above (in the later levels) or the look on Paynes face (which looks like a constipated gorrila try to push one out for about 3 hours). But over all the graphics are great and the controls are absoultely perfect. (left analog move right analog aim) and i swear ill be playing this after those freakn cows come home. So this is definately worth the buy.

Grapichs: 9

Control: 10

Sound: 10

Funfactor:7

Replay: 8

The Final Say: 45

Edited By SuperSephiroth on 1057122418

Can you reprogram the controls? For instance, could I switch it from left analog-control and right analog-aim to left analog up/down-move forward/back, left analog left/right turn left/right, right analog up/down look up/down, right analog right/left sidestep right/left?

Yes, this is the Legacy control scheme from Halo and anything else that uses the naming conventions. And the same one from GoldenEye on the N64, where I learned to play shooters. Though that one had the C buttons instead of a second stick.

Anyway, I've been looking at getting Max Payne for a while, but I'm tired of having to remap myself to different control schemes every time I get a new game. Like Eternal Ring, in which you can SUPPOSEDLY use the analog sticks... both according to the game itself and the instructions... but not really.

Anyway, just wondering.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

You're sorry to say that you CAN change the controls? That's, uh, what you said. ;) Did you mean that you CAN'T?

Either way, I'll probably check it out anyway. I can't switch the controls in Rainbow 6 on the DC or Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front on the PS2, either, and I can still dig it.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Ehem, there ARE some controls you can modify, but nothing big. You can't reassign functions, but you can invert the axis of the joy sticks ;)

But yeah, Max Payne is a great game. Who doesn't like bursting heroin addicts into flames and litising the their hilarious screams.

Great fun when you find a group of 'em.

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Yes yes max payne is great as stated before. Valkyre addicts (correcting glitch for a change) scream like crazy fucks when killed (flamed or shot). And the cast runs form crazy stuff youll just have to play the game. and ohh yeah sorry for that typo cause you kcow. im horrible at spelling.

Valkyre, Heroin, same thing.

One's made by a giant conglomerate, the other by anyone with coke, a spoon, and a lighter. And a needle, I guess.

<span style='font-size:32pt;line-height:100%'>SHOOT IT DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EYE!</span>

Oh yeah and dont forget about the other drug content in the game. Yes pain killers. I sear by the end of the game Payne is riddled with 50 thousand bullets, his blood is pure lead and finally hes foaming from the mouth because he took 98 billion bottles of pain killers in on night, drank spiked wine, and O.D.ed on Valky. So yeah Paynes cool whos gonna stop him with all those pain killers huh?

To avoid overdosing on painkillers, drink lots of bleach. Really. You'll get hella sick, but not, y'know, die.

Actually, while the above wiil work to save your life from overdosing on painkillers (or on bleach, just eath the painkillers), it would really take some serious calculation of the chemical reactions to get the mix right. But hell, Max can do it... he's a video game superhero. They can do stuff like that and not worry about it. Just like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein when eating a steaming potato closes the bullet wound in your leg. :P

Halve a nice day (and share)!

The Insane Space Hunter

Huh? What water?

I think you're mixing up the guy in GTA3 with the Guy From Max Payne (Max Payne :P).

Theer Guy from GTA3... one of the coolest main chars of all time, and he can't swim. I think it's kind of appropriate, if not annoying sometimes. Like Indie and the snakes ;)

AWAY!

Yeah she in the next one along with a handful of other characters from the first game. Basically the storylne is a love story with killing. New looks for the poeple. In other word Payne wont look constipated, but instead hell have one of the killing looks. Oh yeah and thier hands wont look limp when they take out a gun.