Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DamnGlitch

Adult Swim is the best thing to happen ever for - televised

I'm almost bursting at the seems, as it appears any _new_ anime aired on Adult Swim will be as uncensored as the day it was born... within reason. As we all know, most cursing is basicly out, but that's fine. Anime shown on AS is usually shown on Japanese television, so it's censored already.. so unless it's OVA (like tenchi) it need not be edited again.

...But, as we all know, Cartoon network has a field day censoring things which need not be censored. Tenchi brand fake swim suits come to mind first... I mean, why couldn't they edit out the nipples (which were _very_ visible in the OVA) insted of their whole middle body? Then, in outlaw star, an anime aired on japanese televison, with conviniantly placed shtuff to cover everything, _still_ puts poor Melphina in not only a Tenchi Brand Fake Swimsuit? but even goes so far as to try and make it credible, making it look like boxer breifs so we know it's there (bikini breifs would be hidden by the stuff that already hid the stuff in the first place).

But NOW we have our ark, our savior to bring us away from cheeply cut anime aired to mass market to legions of screaming DBZ fans.

Inu Yasha.

This is now my all time favorite televised anime. No fucking kidding. Inu Yasha has what I've been waiting for: TV that what it was when it was on TV in the first place. I'm a semi-big anime fan, but I don't like to have to go out and buy every fucking series I see on TV just so I get the whole thing, so I don't have to worry about Eps being cut out missing an important piece of dialog. Now what, what could I have seen that is makeing me rant and rave about a series that in all truthfulness I've only seen 5 or six episods of? Nudity, thats what. No less then twice have I seen unedited, and by that I mean no TBFSS? scenes in Inu Yasha that have nudity. This is great. Before I go any farther though, please note I'm not getting off on this, really theres nothing get off on. It's either conveniantly covered (hair being used frequintly) or the classic nippleless girls seen in all (well almost all) anime aired on japanese TV. But the mere fact that it _there_ means there is someone at CN who loves me, and in turn I love them. It's being shown as it was made, and how it was meant to be. I'm speachless, really. You wouldn't believe how damn hard writing all this is, so I'll close on this note. Untill CN fucks us over in a new and explosivly offensive way, we can only hope Inu Yasha is a harbringer of things to come. One day we may even see _popular_ anime aired unedited on Adult swim, but before that happens, we can only wait, and watch.

Anime.

Loooove and Peeace!

Booyaka!

DamnGlitch

Yes, Adult Swim was where I first heard of Cowboy Bebop and where I essentially found out that anime doesn't have to be big, insecure monkeys with yellow hair beating the fuck out of other big, insecure monkeys with yellow hair, or some prepubescent kid chasing down 1,213,244,523,541,324,125,215 retarded pet-type things in order to be super-cool number one chimpokomon master. No no no. Anime is COOL.

I also like the other cartoons on AS as well, like, say, for instance, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. It's just so funny, you can't watch it and not laugh at least ONCE. Yes... Adult Swim is a veritable treasure trove of good.

Edited By ORIONZOU!!! on 1038848112

Guest Anonymous   
Guest Anonymous

Yes, Anime is cool.

I haven't really had the time to watch AS lately, but I know that even it has a good field day censoring stuff that doesn't need to be censored, and putting in Tenchi Brand Fake SwimSuits™Ãƒ?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?®, on shows likes Tenchi and my personal favorite anime, Outlaw Star, as you pointed out with Melfina.

I thinks I'll start watching AS again and when Inu Yasha comes on I think I'll see if it is any good, and if AS and CN didn't edit it up really bad....

- Aragon

Not to stick up for them, I hate censoring in any form (sides self censoring), but it's not AS's fault Outlaw Star and Tenchi is/was still censored when they aired it. It's that Cartoon Network still needs to cost justify the custom censoring, and they can only do that by continuing to air the censored eps. New shows on adult swim, it seems, will be in their origonal or close to origonal form.

So yay.

Looove and peeeace!