Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

HTML, iB Codes, & emoticons... - ...Oh my!

Well, they don't allow as much... l e n g t h as the ones on the E to the Z to the BORED did, seeing as I can only fit in enough font color tags to do Looney (not Resident, and certainly not both) in colors... but oh, well. Still, it's cooler than plain italics.

The gist of this whole thing is that HTML and whatnot works in tags, but they can still only hold so much text. So no cows of tags (so <font color=maroon size=+2 face="Arial, Helvetica, Times" style="background-color: #00ff44"> is probably out if you actually want to format text), but you can do some cool stuff.

(incidentally, that tag makes this happen)

Good job, Outey. :D

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space hunter

Hmmm... could probably use a few more. Maybe 65536. :spam: Oh, wait, no, that's the post maximum length.

I dunno... it doesn't seem like I used 1024 characters, but things are funny like that. Considering that before this sentence, I had only used 200 characters.

Hmmm... is it the maximum length for the field programmed into the HTML of the board that's fouling up, perhaps? Just an idea... because with that 200-character measurement for the first bit of this message, 1024 seems like a lot more than I actually used.

*shrugs* Maybe it's just me. Either way, more characters could constitute a bad thing, but probably won't. :D

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

P.S. Scratch all that. Up to the word "Hunter," there were 690 characters in this message. There is no way I put 1024 in my tag. MAYBE 200. Dunno what's up, but if you can check on this, that'd be great.

Have a nice day!

El Edito: Forget all that, I made a danged image and just did it that way. :spam:

Yeah, you might still want to fix it for EVERYONE ELSE, but I'm okay now.

Have a nice day!

Edited By Insane Space Hunter on 1041551090

Incidentally, the hack does NOT work for PMs. Your tag reads "Smoke me a kipper..."

I don't care, but if you're going for absolute completeness (you obsessive-compulsive webmoster, you), you might want to check on that. :D

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter