Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DamnGlitch

New Excell Saga Releases

Two new DVD collections have just been released by ADV, so check out theor site, which I'm assumin is at http://www.adv.com. if it isn't, find it yoursef ya big lazy.

Erm... anyway, ES gets more and more wacked out in the next two Volunes, which feature a bunch of new crazy crap. And I'm pretty sure Volume five which is not out wll be the last or second to last, depending on how any eps per dvd they choose to put... Vol 1 had 5, but vol 2 had 4... cheap bastards...

uhhh, later

depending on how any eps per dvd they choose to put... Vol 1 had 5, but vol 2 had 4... cheap bastards...

Hey, now, Escaflowne started with 4 eps per disc, then they went down to 3 for, like, the last two or three discs... now THAT was annoying.

Actually, it was so that each disc had a distinct 'theme' and a distinct phase in the storyline, as well as the side bonus that it required them to use more cover art than they would otherwise (more pictures of Merle means ISH gets less angry about buying more discs, by the way :)). Of course, I also bought the Perfect Vision version of the movie at the same time ($44.95 instead of the $22.95 version without the extras disc and the soundtrack... and the cool box), so the drain on my pocketbook was also overemphasized. Oh, well. Eating for those next two weeks consisted of frozen burritos and leftover chicken. I can live with that.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

HOUSTON, November 27, 2002 - ADV Films has set a street date of February 25, 2003 for Excel Saga: Secrets and Lies!, the fifth volume of the popular and outrageously bizarre anime satire.

The one-of-a-kind Excel Saga is best described as the ultimate parody of anime. From the opening credits-a hilarious spoof of Japanese pop videos-to the ending song, featuring Menchi the dog singing/barking a plaintive ballad while a human interpreter translates for viewers, nothing is sacred in the world of Excel Saga.

The Story:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any stranger, Excel Excel and her associates encounter the most horrifying of all plot devices... a sub-plot! You won't believe who's been plotting against whom as the writers double cross the author, the director takes a new direction, and the supporting cast comes back with a vengeance but absolutely no clue whatsoever! There's Menchi-mania and Pedro-philia galore as everybody involved takes the fifth in Excel Saga Volume 5: Secrets and Lies!

Hehe, beat you to it Outery :P

Edited By DamnGlitch on 1038638028

Heh. I loaned a guy some money to get the whole Bebop series on DVD, so he made me a copy of all 26 episodes on VHS tapes--not too shabby. Actually, part of how he paid me back was with what is now my Dreamcast, so it was a good deal. :P

As for Excel, I'll probably get Trigun first... it just seems to, y'know, grab me by the insane membrane. Whatever that means. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Excel Saga Release date update:

Volume 1: The WeirdnessHas Begun > OUT NOW!

Volume 2: Missions Improbable > OUT NOW!

Volume 3: When Excels Strike (Out) > OUT NOW!

Volume 4: Doing WHATEVER It Takes > OUT NOW!

Volume 5: Secrets and Lies! > OUT NOW!

Volume 6: Going Way Too Far > April 8 2003