Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

DAAAM News: ADV on Cartoon Network - Giant Robots take wing.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOUR ADV FILMS TITLES TO BE FEATURED IN CARTOON NETWORK'S GIANT ROBOT WEEK

ON AIR MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24 THROUGH FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28

HOUSTON, January 29, 2003-Episodes from four ADV Films titles-Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dai-Guard, Martian Successor Nadesico and the Harmony Gold production Robotech-will be featured as part of Cartoon Network's first-ever Giant Robot Week, to air Monday, Feb. 24 through Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. Giant Robot Week, on the air 4-5 p.m. during the Toonami afternoon action-adventure block, celebrates the "giant fighting robot" anime genre.

In the press release announcing Giant Robot Week, Cartoon Network noted the quality of the selected ADV Films titles, and the fact that Giant Robot Week will mark the first-ever appearance of Dai-Guard and Martian Successor Nadesico on national television.

LINK: http://www.advfilms.com/news/index.asp?id=750

Wow! Now that's entertainment! :P

Actually, this is a great scoop--'cept for the fact that now I have to wait a month. *twitch* Oh, well. It'll give me a reason to leave the N64 off for longer than just a thirty-minute Dragonball episode.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!</I

AHHHH!!!!

Eva! My baby! Nooo! filthy DBZ addicts will watch my series and say stupid stuff like,"But noone shat there pant and sat around for a half hour screaming!"

Damn you ADV! Damn you to half! BURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBU

RNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURNBURN.

SHIT.

Good lord! You resized the entire board display! :P

resize.gif

Anyhoo, I don't think it's all that bad... poor slobs like me (emphasis on the poor) can now get our fix of giant robots without shelling out big bucks. Besides, none of the DBZ slobs will be watching; their show won't be on for, like, another hour.

It's not that bad. I'm not even gonna bother with the media-exposure-means-more-people-will-buy-Eva-thus-keeping-the-company-afloat-for-years-to

-come bit that I could throw in here that wouldn't help alleviate your fears, anyway. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Eva already keeps (or kept) the company aflot. It's was like, one of the only huge titles it had, at the time. The CN version was butchered, but luckly since it was dubbed so long ago they couldn't edit the voices :P

Nadesco was fuggared up too. Random eps throughout the series, a sad look at one of the last eps (eeaaah!) and obvious cuts (like any time the male lead was embaressed by a girls naughty bits, he'd blush for no reason bacause said naughty bits were cut.).

Anyway, I came back from it a bit less pissed then I had started, but only because of the gigantor shorts. GIIIIIGAAAAANTOOOOOR!

Yeah... the whole thing was a little goofy, excepting the Gigantor shorts. Those were great. My dad seemed to remember having watched them before, as a child or something... which was interesting. Must've been that weird 60's programming, what what. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter