Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

A bit of fun. - I'm Nabeshin!

Eh, I don't know... different cmpanies for one, and there a whole butt load of Wantanabe's in japan. I just saw one in the super metroid credits, Neon genisis evangelion, and I'm sure I've seen it besides that too.

But nice try :)

Eh, I don't know... different cmpanies for one, and there a whole butt load of Wantanabe's in japan. I just saw one in the super metroid credits, Neon genisis evangelion, and I'm sure I've seen it besides that too.

Yeah, but there's only one Yoko Kanno, as far as I can tell. :)

Actually, I recognized the music in Escaflowne as being Kanno's work without prompting from the back of the soundtrack CD or the credits... at least, I did this last time through. Previously, when I was watching the series back when it was on Fox Kids, I had never seen Cowboy Bebop, so there wasn't anything to draw from. But that, at least, is indeed the same person.

As for one Shinichiro Wantanabe, that *is* the name of the director of Cowboy Bebop... whether or not it's the same person as was... er... the person in Excel Saga (yet another title on my ever-expanding list of Animes Requiring Viewing Before I Have To Spend The Money I'd Spend Now On Anime On Something Stupid Like Car Payments or Rent or Food) remains to be seen. However, they *do* tend to "reuse" people a lot in anime production, especially when it's sent over here. There's about thirty different American voice actors that do the anime dubs, and no more. You can tell when the dub voice of Jim Hawking is also a small girl on Mancali (sp? :P) Knights, Gene Starwind's voice is that of one of the newscasters prevalent in Cowboy Bebop, Spike is Tom of Toonami, Kari from Digimon is that girl in Transformers: Armada, Tai from Digimon is Zero in Pilot Candidate ("Candidate Goddess" as Oh Heck seems to think the original name to be), and geez... Chris Sabat, the guy who does 4 out of 9 voices in Dragon Ball Anything, as well as directing the voice talent for Dragon Ball Everything and replacing the original voice of Piccolo (who later went on to become Wolverine/Logan in X-Men Evolution).

Yeah. Then, Chris Sabat is also in Char's Counterattack (Mobile Suit Gundam) as at least three people, Jet from Cowboy Bebop has the same voice as the beginning voice-over in Outlaw Star and also made at least two appearances in Mobile Suit Gundam this-and-that as at least that many people... the list goes on, and on, and on.

Of course, they always hire at least one new actor per series to throw off my realization on where everyone comes from--that's how new people get added to the group of thirty. Then, of course, guys like Piccolo's original dub voice quit because of whatever reason, so they always remain at about thirty people for everyone to try to keep track of.

Really. I'm not kidding you this time. Not like that whole fish suit varia shoulderpad thing.

Wait... I wasn't kidding you that time, either. Of course I wasn't. It's an obvious objective behind the design of the Varia suit--fish compartments. Duh. Everybody knows that. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well, duh, there's more than thirty actors. Did I ever tell you to take me seriously? :)

Actually, I was actually making a point... they DO seem to reuse vocal actors a lot. Well, they do. :P So what if it's more than thirty? Thirty is just a nice, round number used to denote a good number of reuisings of a small number of actors.

Er... or something.

Righto. Anyway, have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I appologise for my earlier surlyness... But I still stand by the shear enormity of watanabe's in japan, I mean goddamn. Outery, Did you read Nabeshin's interview on disk three? It talks about his other works, which don't seem to include cowboy bebop. I think he said excel was his first BIG anime, and that was made after CB... Oh, and yeah, All the people from pioneer/sunrise do voiceovers over and over and over again.

Hey! I just remembered! Nabeshin is working on tenchi GXP... it's a major scoop Outery! Read that interview!