Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DamnGlitch

Me and Outery's thoughts on Evvvvvil. - well no, just on dis

Do you want to see this? Nooo! Should I post it? Nooooo! Will I? You know it!

Me and outery were on last night just talking away and rumors started to fly. Outery brought up one that scared the crap out of both of us, so check out the whole string and post on what you will, children. Remember though, these are ruuumooors!

BTW, this is midway through, so thats why it just jumps in.

DamnGlitch says:

hey, why the heck is excel saga 17 up? I'd have it at 14 up myself, like outlaw star and most other animes...

Outerverse says:

Well there's Hyatt's escapades with children's rides and electronics. Excel gets naked in one episode

Outerverse says:

But the naked Excel one is along the lines of Ashia in Outlaw Star

DamnGlitch says:

do you wach other anime? NGE has neked people all over the place and it just had parental guidence sugested.

Outerverse says:

Hell I dunno

DamnGlitch says:

In guessing aDV cme under legal pressure lately... most of their anime is prrety joobely

DamnGlitch says:

some 14 year old's mom watched one of his shows and went up in arms,

DamnGlitch says:

or some dumb parent bought a "cartoon" they found at best buy and bam! big floopy boobs are in their kids face

Outerverse says:

Have you seen the Dark Horse version of Dirty Pair?

DamnGlitch says:

naw, havent read much manga really, hard to find out here...

Outerverse says:

Don't get the Dark Horse version...it's a bastardied version of the Original mixed with DPFlash

Outerverse says:

the only + is even less clothes of Kei and Yuri

DamnGlitch says:

WTF? That reminds me! Sabin was going to get Evangelion, and splice together episodes into something called "angel attack"! Good thing ADV bid more!

Outerverse says:

Isn't that Saban?

Outerverse says:

IE the Power Rangers goofs?

DamnGlitch says:

I also heard a rumor about them making a spin off series about the american brach of nerv and it's eva.. it'll be american animated if it does go through...

DamnGlitch says:

yeah, whatever... I don't care.

Outerverse says:

I hope the fuck not

DamnGlitch says:

Saban sa-sucks

DamnGlitch says:

Digimon is the single worst anime I've seen in recent years.

Outerverse says:

It's like Disney starting a Mature studio.

DamnGlitch says:

thats cool... or very perverted.

Outerverse says:

Mature not meaning "Adult"

Outerverse says:

Mature meaning "Attempt to compete with Anime"

DamnGlitch says:

They've been bringing over anime for a while, or are you talking orignal... I'm guessing you are.

Outerverse says:

Original

DamnGlitch says:

Well fuck, disney is gonna win hands down, name recognition, and they got the money.

Outerverse says:

It'll be like the X-Box in Japan

Outerverse says:

Anime fans won't bite

Outerverse says:

Kiddies will

DamnGlitch says:

But regular people will, the people who bought the Xbox _here_

Outerverse says:

I don't think that they plan to use the Disney brand, though.

Outerverse says:

So no "Disneime"

Outerverse says:

Pretty much they CAN'T

DamnGlitch says:

Still... What the hell are they gonna produce? I mean really.

Outerverse says:

"Disney" screams Kiddie

DamnGlitch says:

Yeah.

DamnGlitch says:

Totally.

Outerverse says:

I'm guessing the first series will be a Giant-Mecha story.

Outerverse says:

Or a Magical Girl one

DamnGlitch says:

But, if disney _does_ produce meaningful anime-like products, it could bring anime out of the cartoon zone. unless they dub them adult cartoons, or action cartoons like toonami

Outerverse says:

I haven't taken Toonami seriously since they aired Beyblade and Hamtaro

DamnGlitch says:

Nah, magical girl will get sailor moon backlash. People in my highschool still remeber that.. they automatically associate it with japanese animation, as sad as it is...

DamnGlitch says:

hell yeah! Stupid kid crap.

Outerverse says:

Adult Swim Saturday version is better

DamnGlitch says:

oh shazbot, as intresting as this conversation is, I've gotta log off. Tomarrow, my friend!

Outerverse says:

lata

Outerverse says:

tonzura koite!

DamnGlitch says:

one thing, do you mind if I post some of this in Daaam?

Outerverse says:

go right ahead

DamnGlitch says:

cool, I'll put it up tomarrow morning. latar!

----------------------

Well, that's it... What, you were expecting something more reveiling? Smeg off, chowder head! Go do something with yourself, lke watch an anime or something :)

And for the 2 people who watch anime but don't know it, adult swim is a semi-unedted anime block on cartoon networks saturday night. I like it, even if they do like to recycle shows way too often.

Ehhh, its free, I'll get over it.

welp, I'm off.

Jari

Yup. Free is the way to go.

Oh, yeah. A warning far too late, but oh, well--THERE IS SWEARING IN THE POST PREVIOUS TO THIS ONE. Yeah, you pottymouths. :) Just had to say it.

Not like it matters. It is your forum, after all. I should probably put up some "rules" like what TJ's got for the MDb one of these days... as soon as the board has a link other than one I just threw into the body of the Asylum's main page. Of course, it won't ACTUALLY matter, seeing as I pretty much just distribute the link to the board instead of the link to the Asylum site... thing (you'll need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing! Well, that rules you out, Pip! :P).

Once again, "oh, well." I really say that too much, I suppose.

Oh, <s>w</s> that's just life, I guess.

Anyhoo, after eighty or a hundred years of Disney making "kiddie" cartoons and what not, even if they *do* try to move into the more "mature" realm to compete with anime, I really don't see them succeeding. It's like typecasting--an actor like Jamie Farr (Klinger from M*A*S*H) gets typefied as a hairy goof that wears dresses (which he did in the show), and has trouble finding roles where he doesn't do that. Pretty much because he's thought of as such, and they don't want to give him roles that nobody thinks he can play because of is previous gigs.

Now, Disney's got it bad--after so many years, if they're not typecast as a kiddie company, who is?

*shrugs*

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

intresting... i must admit thou when tihnking of disney being evil ect, i never think of them doing "kiddy" stuff, just frelling peice of dren works. damn fake family movie end. worse then kiddifed dreams of "good ending".

heh "sailor moon blacklash", having seen and owning all the japanese episodesmovies, ect. I can safely ofr me it is ALOT MORE then simple "Backlash", I'm already POed about Nadia and Kimba and those i don't even care about.

Ever see the movie, "A perfect Storm" or know about it? well disney better watch out :P

Disney can't do anytihng more then kiddie with animation. and Live action, well just wouldn't work out....