Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DamnGlitch

Review: Miyuki-chan in wonderland - This thing fucking rocks

Just so everyone knows, I just finished a 12 hour anime marathon. That's right, I watched the first ep of escaflowne (again), then went out and purchesed the Blue seed perfect collection, which is the box set. So, I went home and watched it. Duh. It was good, and that review will be written later. But, since it is 3 in the morning, and I've got a case of the tireds, I'll write this review on the _other_ anime I picked up. That aime being Miyuki-chan in wonderland.

To start lemme say that this has really been the first chance to watch one of the infamous CLAMP's works, and let me also sa that I was _very_ impressed. Consitering that it was realeased in 1996, I must say it has some of the best artwork I've ever seen. Everything is lovely and in all cases sexy as well (but I'll get into _that_ in another moment).

Basicly Miyuki is a highschool girl (or so I assume) who just happens to be late for school. She rushes out the door and soon confronted with a bunny, who also happens to be late. Except this bunny is a girl in a skin tight bunny suit on a skate board. Seeing as the whole double feater only tops a half hour, I'll leave the rest of the plot out, but suffice to say she runs into a number of familier charicters from the wonderland story in the first half. The second half, Miyuki-chan in mirrorland is more of a free style, not based on any story (that I can tell) I is just as wonderful as the first half, with just as much fun. Oh, did I mention that it's a laugh? It's a laugh, alright?

Now on critiqueing it, I was a bit disappointed with the running time. As I said, both together only hit 30 minutes. And, the DVD is Sub only, which surprised me, this being an ADV release after all. Not to say the Sub is bad. Not at all, Infact it was wonderful, and the voice actresses were very charming and sexy (I like the sexy). In addition, the SUB was written by Tiffeney Grant, who's credits include a great deal of people with red hair and an additude, asuka, the red headed chick from Blue Seed, the red headed chick from Excel Saga, The blond chick from Burn up (and W... but not Excess). The music is appropriate, even catchy. It would have to be, because each feature only has one song that plays the entire time (don't worry, it's a good, long, fun song.). One more thing... The rating it was given really got to me. It says 15+, but it has nudity, and _lots_ of hints of lesbianizm... none by poor Miyuki-chan, but generally at her. I only bring this up because Excel had a 17+ rating, there was no nudity, and the only foul language was written in to the english script (the japanese have no word for "FUCK").

Anyway, it was great, even without a bunch of extra stuff. Oh, and it was 9.99. So, hell yeah I was gonna pick it up. CLAMP did a grerat job, but I'm starting to monder about that all women animation studio... An all women version of Wonderland filled with lesbian women... And it seems a bunch of their other stuff has that too... like Card Captor Sakura (not Card Captors, which was edited the _FUCK_ out of).

Anyway, I give the Show a 4.8 out of Five, and the DVD a 4.

The New DamnGlitch Rating Scale:

Anime

5= Neon Genesis Evangelion

0= DBZ

DVD

5= Escaflowne the movie special edition (with all that cool extra crap)

2= The End of Eva DVD... What the fuck did Manga Vision do to it??!!

0= Don't friggen work

Looove and Peeeace!