Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke1986

So, um...

I'm not really new to anime, but I haven't seen that many aside from the ones on Cartoon Network that are greatly censored as well as the ones shown on the Action Channel. OV also told me they're on Tech TV, but I don't know what channel that is...

Anyway, can anybody offer me some suggestions? Like, if I were to save up my money to buy some anime, what should I get? Also, on another note, can you send me that pic of Armitage, OV?

Escaflowne. I always say it, I always mean it. It's the best darn medieval japan/winged angel folk/pouncing catgirl/mecha/time travel/magical girl from the future that sees things the hero can't/flying castle anime out there! Really!

Also recommended are Trigun, Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Excel Saga, Kirby Right Back At Ya, and Escaflowne.

Escaflowne.

The Insane Space Hunter

You forgot to mention Escaflowne.

Robotech and Nadesico peaked my interest but I'm too damn lazy to watch them. Yeah. I know.

Thanks for reminding me, Badger.

Anyway, Sasuke, I'd recommend trying Escaflowne. It's the best mecha/medieval Japan/dragon/angel folk/cat people/samurai sword/time-traveling high school girl with magic powers/evil empire trying to take over the world anime out there.

Oh, yeah, there's also Escaflowne, which I also recommend. :flame:

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Most recommended no matter what, then Evangelion, no contest.

But, for a better recommendation to your personal tastes, what kind of anime are you looking for? Like, a mecha, or an action, or a romantic comedy or whatever? Cause is ya just ask for an anime, I can list five or six series off the top of my head that ya got to get. Actual, a million. yep, a million different recommendations.

It's too early to be posting; just get Eva, durn it!

Yes, I totally also recommend Evangelion. Especially if you like super-serious anime with maybe a total of 10 funny parts on all 26 episodes, all basically from the same character.

Now, if you want a medieval-type anime, with elves and such, that has a more or less even share of serious parts and funny parts, then I'd recommend Record of Lodoss War.

While me recommending ROLW is about as unbiased as a British football fan, it's still a very good and very underwatched anime.

Eva is alright. I hate to "bring it down" so much, but it got old to me just hearing my friends talk about it, let alone watching it. Hell, it's gotten older just from hearing DG be so enthusiastic about it. If nothing else, watch it for the chicks, which are totally hot, and the Eva's, which are totally badass. Totally ignore the plot, it will save you a few blood vessels, and possibly even an eye in the end.

So, in closing...

<font size="5">IN MY HUMBLE AND EDUCATED DEVIL'S ADVOCATE OF AN OPINION, THERE ARE SEVERAL BETTER ANIME SERIES AND MOVIES TO WATCH OUT THERE THAN EVANGELION, WHICH MAY BE AMONG THE TOP 20 BEST OR EVEN THE TOP 10 BEST, BUT PROBABLY ISN'T THE BEST.</font>

There. I've stated my opinion for the last damn time for all to see. :flame:

- End needless "piss-DG-off" Eva flame.

Edited By Badger-san on 1052863247

First of all Badger, eat my ass. Come on, do it!

Second of all, Eva is plot. It's not about the Evangelions. It's not about the 'chicks'. It's about the human mind and it's struggle for survivel. Without it's plot, it's another of the 1000 or so other Mecha's out there. Just like Gundam (UC gundam that is) is cool for it's arching plotline and equality towards the opposing forces (IE: not declaring one or the other as "the bad guy"), Eva is cool cause it uses mechas and the people who pilot them in an entirly new way. It can actually affect you as a person, not just be a short pass to brain dead land.

I don't know. Maybe because it was my first real anime. Maybe because I spent a small fortune collecting and savoring the series. Maybe because I expect something out of my fucking time, insted of a damn brain waste.

You know, fuck! Name one mecha that can match up, off hand, with eva. Escaflowne is a great anime, but totally different in it's execution and style. I can't name, personally, an anime I like better then Eva. Right now, my favorite _movie_ is spirted away. EOE doesn't count, 'cause it's part of teh series.

ANYWAY.

You don't like Evangelion. Get over it. Why do you feel it's your duty to bring people's opinon down with you? All you needed to say was "well, my top recommendation is ____" and be fucking done with it!

-End manditory "fuck off, Badger" reply

All you needed to say was "well, my top recommendation is ____" and be fucking done with it!

Same to you, pal. You don't have to put it up on a pedestal every time the opportunity presents itself, just as I shouldn't flame it every time the opportunity presents itself.

Lets agree to disagree and never mention the fact that we disagree again. I will stop senselessly flaming Eva and you will stop going into orgasmic spasms every time the chance arrives to talk about it.

Either that, or, you know... you can do whatever the fuck you want. It's your board. :flame: