Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

BBN Shakeup!

I'm going to be rattling the branches so to speak here at BBN.

Expect to see some forums nixed and new ones arise.

Also on my TODO list is to try and reskin the site as I was going to so when I upgraded the engine. But also on that list are getting Badger's and Sasuke's sites done and turned over. Yeah I know I've been putting them off but that's mostly due to being sick, stress at work, and a generally not giving a damn.

During this shake up, I plan to have a completed BBN theme done and ready to go.

But with change comes thing people don't like. When the new look and forums go up, I will be restricting avatars to 50x50 pixels down from 100x100. But all will be good in the end, I promise.

Enjoy your big avatars while you can. :cry:

There are currently no plans to migrate any of the old forums to the BBN. I know I mentioned doing it before, but no one really seemed to mind that they were missing. Also, only a one Mr. LevitatedBacon actually migrated over despite the fact I had announced months prior to closing it that I was doing so.

Maybe if there actually was actually demand for them other than one or two people, I would be more prone to actually doing it.

I also have plans to disband the MIFF forums since it's pretty much dead in the water. It's been over a year since CapCom and nameless mentioned they were going to revamp A New Beginning, but I believe that has fallen by the way side.

Other planned changes:

Removing Moderator Discussion DONE

Removing Linkerator DONE

Removing DAAAM RENAMED

Removing Deviant Behaviour *still in the air*

Removing Metroid Interactive Fan-Fic and all associated forums. DONE

Removing Trouble Action Squad: Nekobrigade and it's site. DONE

I'm also looking into to getting the custom user titles back and will be removing the poster levels aside from Owner, Admin, Mod, & Member.

Okay.

Well then, if you aren't moving the old posts, could you at least, like, open the asylum board so there's access to the old posts? There's a lot of keen stuff there that i'd like to get a copy of that I can't really do with it being 'closed' and stuff.

I've just added a poll to this topic. Please everyone vote as to whether or not to migrate posts from the Asylum should be migrated.

If I get a majority saying yes, I'll do it.

As of now the Asylum forums are reopened but locked.

--

As for the forums planned to be demolished. Everyone let me know what should stay and what should go.

I'd certainly like DAAAM to stick around, but only if you migrate the old posts.

EDIT: I think the same should be true with Deviant Behavior. If the posts come over, keep it. I think it's useful either way, and if Joe ever gets internet access again we'll certainly be needing it.

If you don't care, badger, don't bother voting. Jesus.

Anyway, could someone tell me how I would go about making a backup of the asylum?

No because you're a smeggy Mac user. :cry:

No really, there's a WINDOWS program called Webreaper that I use to make backups of the boards.

If you want to get really creative...put an Apache webserver on your computer and install MySQL, PHP, phpMyAdmin, and phpBB on it. I would then be able to send a SQL file that you would import into MySQL using phpMyAdmin.

As for what Badger said...he meant he doesn't give a shit about the Asylum Forums. Not that he didn't give a shit one way or the other.

If you don't care, badger, don't bother voting. Jesus.

Anyway, could someone tell me how I would go about making a backup of the asylum?

I was SAYING that I do not care about the forum, I never really used it, and it sounds like a bunch of rigamaroll and hard work to do.

I'm holding my tongue on saying anything else. I don't want to start a flame war.

You aren't the only one, Aaron.

Ov, hopefully you'll migrate, otherwise I might resort to copy-pasting a lot of the stuff I really want (though I would REALLY prefer to just get the posts onto BBN). I'd rather have a personal copy, but that doesn't seem feasible now.

I want to know who other than Glitch wants to have the Asylum migrated? I see votes, but no responders. Do the other 4 of you who voted Yes REALLY want me to migrate or are you just voting Yes out of courtesy?

I want a truthful answer so I'm removing the poll.

I don't think we need the old posts, personally, but if the general consensus is that people want them, and you don't mind converting them all or whatever you need to do, go ahead. I'd personally vote that we nix them and move on, but I'm not too hung up on it if we bring 'em all back over.

As for the forums, I'd miss DAAAM, but since I haven't really done anything there in eons, it's not that much of a big deal if we remove it. If it was more active, I could make a greater case for keeping it, but that's not the case.

Other than that, I shan't miss any of the other forums you mentioned.. Do with them what you will.

And have a nice day.

The Insane Space Hunter

Okay I've removed some of the forums I previously spoke of, DAAAM was not renamed but had a name change.

I'm still on the fence about bringing over the Asylum posts still...I'll probably change my mind several more times.

DING DING! I just had an idea about Deviant Behavor...I'm going to roll it into the Animanaga forum as a subform and make it strictly Hentai only.