Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hobo

I have been absent.

And will continue to be, for the most part. We're gonna get cable sometime around Christmas, but until then, I'm gonna be online pretty much only when I go back to my mom's.

I guess that means the next big thing is sorta delayed then, huh? I was planning on getting teh intarweb sometime around the end of the month and hammering it out all December with Sasuke and getting shit ready for signups on January 1st. But, it looks like signups'll probably be more like February 1st, and we'll have a start date for March 1st.

Besides that, shit's been happening. I've gotten a job at a call center, tech-supporting Apple (or at least I believe that's what it is). I start training the 28th, training ends the 23rd (yes, of December), and that's when I'll be getting my first paycheck. Yeah. I know. That's why it's going to take so long to get cable.

In the meantime, I've been thinking, developing, and writing. I've been fucking with Duncan like I used to fuck with Badger. You're gonna see a whole new Dunc when I'm done with him... he's even more awesome than before. ;)

Also, I've gotten in on a venture with two friends of mine. We're developing a video game, in which Duncan will most likely be a character. It's all fucking great for my thought processes... I'm thinking way more focused and clearly now than ever before. If I'm gonna start writing, now would be the time. I'm at my peak.

I also now know what being an adult is all about. I've discovered who I am, and that whole awkward phase of teenagerdom is all but behind me. I know I've said this shit a thousand times before, but I'm definite now: You're reading the words typed by a whole new Badger.

I think about you guys all the time (even you, Glitch). You're my online family. You guys made me into who I am, and I can't thank you all enough for that. Because of BOTP, I've had so much practice creating and developing, and it's really where my interest in writing about this goofy shit could blossom into some actual potential. I'm with two guys in the real world who are dead fucking serious about making a game, and they've let me in on it purely because I'm skilled at pulling creations out of thin air, and it's all thanks to BOTP.

I'll try to post and be online whenever possible. I've gotten a new screen name, because I want to start over with my online friends. I've collected too many shitty ones, and I want to keep only the ones that matter. On Yahoo, my screen name is chronomadic. It's a mix of the words "chronological" and "nomadic", which to me describes Duncan pretty well. On AIM, that name wasn't available, so I shortened it to "Madic" and added a "730" (Madic730) on the end (my friend Jeremy's screen name ends in "037", which "730" is inverse of :P). Badger was representative of my refusal to give up my childhood. Duncan is representative of my growing up and getting serious. Badger had little potential... I see that now. My other characters are far better, and I should stick with them. They'll get me somewhere. Duncan and Gwen in the very least would make excellent comic book characters, game characters, or anything. I'm honing down my style to a specific genre... one Dunc and Gwen fall into, and one I'm currently tailoring my other creations to. When I get some sort of end product, you'll all be the first (or at least among the first) to see it. This is my life. This is what I have to do, and do it I will.

Sayonora.

Whats there to miss? Wer haven't done anything in, like, three months now.

BTW, I am now typing this out on my brand new computer. YAY FOR ME!!!

SB

Luckyface.

I want a new computer too!

( ;);) Santa)

If you want great battery time and a good quality computer, go iBook all the way unless you want to try to run big games like W.O.W. or something. Then you should buy a Powerbook G4... or a PC laptop.

Anyway, wait for the Mac/Intel iBook thing before thinking going Mac.

iBook it, fools

I've actually been looking into G3 Powerbooks (Pismo, Wallstreet and so forth) because they're mega-obsolete, not bad as far as a functional computer goes, OS X will work on them, and I like the way the look myself (I'm probably the only one).

I'll either be getting one of those or a Pentium III laptop. Whichever I can get cheaper (I would prefer a Powerbook) I will buy.

OSX works all the way back on clam-shell iBooks, so no problems them.

If you can swing it I'd go for a tray-drive white iBook. Looks just about as good as the iBook G4, plus it has a rad ass tray drive. Plus the cool power supply.

OSX works all the way back on clam-shell iBooks, so no problems them.

If you can swing it I'd go for a tray-drive white iBook. Looks just about as good as the iBook G4, plus it has a rad ass tray drive. Plus the cool power supply.

Can't swing it. I'm looking to spend $300 MAX on a laptop. I don't think the whites go for that low, but I could be wrong. That's why I was in the market for a Pismo or something in the first place... 'cause they're cheap.

Hoshit, I am wrong. ~$300 whites are literally all over eBay. Screw the Pismo, and definitely screw getting a PIII.

Had no idea. I should research more. ;)