Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

The Continuing Absurdity of G4

Okay it's called "Video Game TV".

Why does it have shows like:

Fastlane (A cop-drama about racing)

Formula D (A show about drift racing)

Street Fury (A show about ricing out cars and drift racing)

StarTrek: The Next Generation (A show about racing against cubes in space)

Happy Tree Friends & Friends (A show about racing to murdering furry animals and cursing)

Brainiac (A British Mythbusters ripoff with emphasis on toilet humor over science)

Attack of the Show (G4's abortion of the TechTV show "The Screen Savers", nothing to do with games and is not entertaining)

Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions (based on Cinematech, a show that showed clips and machina from video games...CNE has no such content, just bad sexual references thown in randomly)

Call For Help (A desparate plea for TechTV viewers to come back, filmed for G4TechTV Canada w/Leo Laporte the show's original host)

Here are the shows about video games:

X-Play (the same one from TechTV, and still just as brutal)

G4TV.com (AKA: 2 bitches and a whiny bastard bash Nintendo at every turn)

Cheat! (a show about cheat codes hosted by a "I think I'm hot!" bitch who sounds like she knows more about DICK than GAMES)

Electric Playground (or Tommy Tallrico & crew praises crappy games and shitty developers)

Judgement Day (Same as Electirc Playground, but with ratings! Or as I like to call it, X-Play without the humor, or credibility, or entertainment)

Cinematech (show with video clips, machinama, and speedruns...not to be confused with the Nocturnal Emissions version)

The network execs seem to think ripping off of SpikeTV will garner more ratings than sticking with the now defunct TechTV's formula of having shows about technology and games aimed at all ages. My dad, who is 39 years of age, used to watch ZDTV's Call for Help and The Screen Savers, cut back a little when it became TechTV (I think the 'edge' they gained during the name change caught G4's attention), only to stop watching the channel all together now that these shows are gone.

With that said, X-Play owns. I've watched it since it was GamespotTV with Kate Botello and Adam Sessler (The lady-type billed first). It is my main source of reviewage.

I hate Tommy Tallywackerico more than anyone ever. The fucker composes music. What the Hell does he know about video games? If anything, he represents the lowest form of casual EA gamer. Also, note how no games on Judgement Day are judged relatively. Viewtiful Joe got lower scores than Barbie Horse Adventures. IN THE SAME EPISODE.

I view it more as arbitrtary popularization and celebrization of video games and their creators, which is more MTV's cup-o-tea.

Spike TV's abortion of a video game awards show is pretty terrible, though.

Yeah, but the point I was making is that 80+% of the content on the network has absoluytely NOTHING to do with videogames...er...Ohhhhh!

Like MUSIC TELEVISION has NOTHING to do with MUSIC...I get it. :(

Music goes in your ear, teevee goes in your eye.Ear eye, eye ear . Big Fuck Difference.

The point is MTV is to music what KFC is to chicken.

I love Lewis Black.

I'm pretty sure Lewis Black is my REAL father. Has to be.