Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; (R1 1.5); .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Maybe IE7 should be called Microsoft Firefox. I've been giving it a trial run since MS put the Beta open to the public.

The viewport is extremely UNcluttered, but takes a little getting used to the orginzation. The browser now renders alpha transparent PNG's correctly and actually renders pages FASTER than Firefox 1.5.0.0.

A neat little option is Zoom, which not just your avreage text zoom. This zoom magnifies EVERYTHING on the page, text, images, flash, EVERYTHING! Very useful for homestarrunner.com. The downside to this because the entire page is zoomed, you have to scroll all over the place.

The pop-up blocker is still crap unless you tell it to block EVERYTHING. Keeping it at medium will still allow a fair number of those nasty buggers to show up.

All in all if they can fix ther GAPING secuity holes that were present in MSIE6 SP2, and NOT create new ones, MSIE7 looks to be a nice, solid, W3C STANDARD COMPLIANT, WORKING browser.

Would you reccomend it over, Firefox 1.5.0.0.? Or do you simply consider it on a similar level? I'll have to ask one of my computer-saavy friends what she thinks of it. . . I know next to nothing about computers, myself. -.-;;

Since MSIE7 a beta, I'd go with Firefox 1.5.0.1 (unless you're using spellbound, then use 1.5.0.0). The nice thing is that sites designed around Firefox & other compliant browsers will display properly. The bad thing is that stuff that was designed speficially for MSIE4-6 will look like crap (as they do in Firefox).