Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alldogship

[PS1 emulated] Finaly Fantasy 7 (stupid thing inside)

If you have talked with me about FF7 then you know that I have never played it (other than the demo) and hated the experience. Starting of today I am one step closer of Trying to endure the pain of multiple 3D details and long battle animations.

I said "trying" because I'm playing the game emulated on a 6 year old mac. It looks fine until you go in a battle and the game goes 3 times slower (does it mean that the last boss will do a 6 minute slow "blowing up the planet" attack?).

I'm still on the first boss by the way. Painful (the emulation, not the game).

You could use a playstation, or barring that, a PS2, and it would be like a normal person's experiance?

What the fuck are you trying to run it on? My mom's iMac G3 Rev c ran that game through Virtual Game Station like a champ, even before we upgraded the ram.

Update.

A patched CGS works like a charm, now the only thing missing is a proper burn on CDs because the first FMV is so damn slow. I blame my used 700Mo CD-RW, a probably "burn speed: best" = fastest as possible (need x2 or x1) and smudgy external firewire CD-RW drive.

I'm considering of actually buying the game now. Less hassle.

Almost the last update about this subject.

CD-RW in my DVD-ROM reader = suck ass

CD-R in my DVD-ROM reader = Working like a charm (in funny old OS9) (remember that time with the not very cool OS? You know, anything that wasn't Unix based?)

I only need 2 more CD-R (darn it).

Anyway, I'll only post more when I've finished the game.