Alldogship

[NWii] Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

Real name for the Revolution: Nintendo Wii  

1. 1. Real name for the Revolution: Nintendo Wii

• Cool!
    • Acceptable.
    • I don't care.
    • WTF?
    • Please kill Nintendo's marketing division.

In French, Wii (pronounced "we") is "oui" that means "yes" in English.

I feel an Abbott & Costello joke coming on.

(think of it as if it was in French)

-What next-gen console are you going to buy?

-Wii (Yes).

-Yes what?

-The next-gen console.

-Yes.

-Exactly.

I got all my fun-making of the name out of my system in the first couple hours. Now it's so overplayed it's almost retro, and therefore cool.

*snorts slightly and eyes the Wii critically* They're not making a new user out of me; no matter what Nintendo comes up with, I'll stick with my playstation 2. O.o Though , given my younger brother 's high video game turnover rate, they probably stand a chance at recruiting him. *looks over at him and debates seeing if he knows about the new consel*

*snorts slightly and eyes the Wii critically* They're not making a new user out of me; no matter what Nintendo comes up with, I'll stick with my playstation 2.

The words of someone who didn't grow up with Mario or Sonic.

Any system that allows me to download NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, & Genesis games is tops on my list.

The words of someone who didn't grow up with Mario or Sonic.

Any system that allows me to download NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, & Genesis games is tops on my list.

We had an original Nintendo system through most of my childhood, an old Sega and Gameboys. I grew up with Mario; I just prefer playstation. :)

We had an original Nintendo system through most of my childhood, an old Sega and Gameboys. I grew up with Mario; I just prefer playstation. :)

Yeah. I hear ya there. It was the Mortal Kombat for the SNES and then the N64 that soured me to Nintendo consoles. Don't get me wrong I still like the GameCube and the prospect of NES, SNES, N64, and GCN in one box is intriguing. But their names just flat out suck. They consistently ignore that the gamers that started on the NES have grown up and want more mature games...not the endless slew of Mario-based and Pokemon-based games they seem so eager to produce. They have little experience in doing anything but that at this point.

I'm not saying that they should abandon their franchises, I'm sating they should expand beyond them. I would like to see Nintendo go and do something as ambitious as the first MealGear Solid, or as wide of base as Halo (a game that a lot of people who don't like FPSes liked).

Wii, huh? Yeah, that's hella weird. Oh, and I'm back again for the umpteenth time, you know the drill, I'll probably abscond with my own existence within a week or so. :P

Still, I'm also sold on all the downloadable content and such. Can't go wrong with that.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Yeah. I hear ya there. It was the Mortal Kombat for the SNES and then the N64 that soured me to Nintendo consoles. Don't get me wrong I still like the GameCube and the prospect of NES, SNES, N64, and GCN in one box is intriguing. But their names just flat out suck. They consistently ignore that the gamers that started on the NES have grown up and want more mature games...not the endless slew of Mario-based and Pokemon-based games they seem so eager to produce. They have little experience in doing anything but that at this point.

I'm not saying that they should abandon their franchises, I'm sating they should expand beyond them. I would like to see Nintendo go and do something as ambitious as the first MealGear Solid, or as wide of base as Halo (a game that a lot of people who don't like FPSes liked).

*nods* Agreed. It doesn't even have to be anything so radical as 'Halo'; just if they can come out with something aimed for a more mature audience, with perhaps some better graphics, they'd be all set! Particularly if they followed in the vein of their battling and playing concepts within the more childish ideas, it's these that I think Nintendo players really appreciate, rather than the overused characters and predictable plotlines.

Sorry, but we're not getting into this. There are clearly two camps in question and it's perfectly possible for us to argue for several pages about it.

Mature gamers camp, you have either lost touch with your childhood or found other outlets for it besides video games. However, some of us (myself included) like to relive our memories as kids with Nintendo's fine games. This does not make you more mature or sophisticated individuals than those of us who enjoy Nintendo's kind of games, nor will it ever. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean what you DO like is instantly better in any particular way. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Childhood fun camp, not everyone who plays video games needs to like Nintendo, it's not a rule. If it was then there would be no other systems in production. Nintendo is not the end-all-beat-all video game publisher. Face it, if Nintendo was the only shop in town, they would suck ass due to lack of motivation and competition. Many of the best games in the world WEREN'T made for Nintendo systems. Accept it and move on.

There, both arguments sealed up in nice little baggies and thrown in the trash. :)

If we ARE gonna discuss this crap, then avoid weasel words/phrases and try to not bait one another. Ffej, just because Booky doesn't like Nintendo doesn't mean shit, it doesn't mean she's somehow a bad gamer or didn't like them as a kid or anything. Everyone grows up differently, and some people prefer to leave their childhood interests behind them and outlet their inner child in other ways. Booky, just because you don't like Nintendo doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them or their characters. Most of the times, it IS the characters that I like in their games. Other times it's the ideas. There isn't an all-inclusive standard all games need to follow. I and many others will continue to enjoy both Nintendo's "childish" games and "mature games" made by other companies, even though I find it immature to even separate these camps. A real adult knows what they like and don't like and doesn't slap labels on everything in existence.

Come on, we're better than arguing over video games...

EDIT: Also, Eternal Darkness :charliebrown: come on, I hate survival horror games and even I like ED. And Metroid has NEVER been what you would call "kiddie". If you're going to argue at least know what you're all arguing about. Also, Ffej, don't tell me you don't love Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, a game for the PLAYSTATION. :crossfingers::disappointed:

Also, Ffej, don't tell me you don't love Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, a game for the PLAYSTATION. :):charliebrown:

Yo, I don't hate. Personally, I don't have a preference. I want a PS3 just as much as I want Wii. It just bothers me when people prefer a whole system over another (except in cases where the superiority is clear, like Gizmondo/N-Gage/Lynx vs. EVERYTHING :crossfingers:). This whole console war has gotten messy. Sony made hardly any first-party games, and they get ALL the credit for games on their systems, whereas Nintendo gets hardly anything third-party (handhelds aside), and garners attention only every 25,000 years when a new Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Pokémon comes out.

Hey, while I'm at it, is anyone else tired of SquareEnix? I've put all my faith into Monolith Soft and Mistwalker, both founded by team members from the Chrono games and old-skool Final Fantasies.

P.S. If this post has offended you, I apologize, as I am lacking sleep and rational thought. Please ignore me.

Hey, while I'm at it, is anyone else tired of SquareEnix? I've put all my faith into Monolith Soft and Mistwalker, both founded by team members from the Chrono games and old-skool Final Fantasies.

I am. Mist Walker is at least one-third of my reasoning behind wanting a 360.

I hope they put some stuff on the Wii, too. I'll most likely have a Wii before anything else, as it's set to be the least expensive.

Also looking forward to NiGHTs for the Wii. I hope it's a launch title... come on, just try and tell me loop-de-looping NiGHTs with the Wii controller wouldn't be a blast!

:banana::banana::banana:

EDIT: :banana:

Jeez, this is what happens when I leave... Badger becomes the moderator of conflicts instead of the instigator. :banana: I kid, I kid. Really.

Myself, I'm a proud owner of all three "previously next-gen" systems (XBOX, PS2, 'Cube) as well as most the good ones of previous generations (read: not Virtual Boy). Honestly, I prefer for the most part my XBOX, but to me, PS2 won the last "platform war." The 'Cube, despite some really good titles, was my third favorite out of the bunch. Admittedly, I was kinda soured on Nintendo like Outey was, what with the N64 back in the day and TWO FREAKIN' RPGs, one of which was Mario-based, but in general, the priority they've had with their games didn't hold a lot of promise for me.

Next-gen? I'll probably get a PS3 first. Even though the 360 is out already. So far, there haven't been that many 360-only releases I really want; I know I'll upgrade eventually, but not in the the extremely forseeable future. For PS3, though, I've heard rumors of actual backward compatibility, not this "most of the popular games and Barbie Horse Adventures" thing that X360 has adopted, not to mention the new Metal Gear Whatever.

Plus, this whole "Wii" naming thing. What the hell? :banana:

If the new Zelda does come out on the new system (which, at this point, it may as well), then that'll probably be the first system I get, also because Nintendo usually sticks with a lesser sticker price when it comes down to it.

Have a nice day.

The Insane Space Hunter

Twilight Princess is a Gamecube title but will be programmed to utilized the remote when played on the Wii, so you could say it's a title for both systems.

Virtual Console and Mayhem are enough reasons to buy a Wii, let alone Metroid Prime 3 and the next Zelda after Twilight Princess.

The rumored price of the Wii is around $199... at that price it's hard to NOT get one. At most it'll be $299, but N's not one to break tradition. Every one of their home consoles has started at $199.

Oh well... at least Ffej and SimBen will play Mayhem with me... :banana:

Falco reflects Samus's charge shot, rendering it useless.

In fact, Samus is basically nullified by anyone with a reflector.

Hopefully they'll buff her a bit for Mayhem. She never got enough love.