Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

[WII]Metroid Prime 3

What can I say beyond that this game looks like its going to ROCK!!

Being able to aim free hand like in Hunters for DS, but also being able to use the Grapple Beam as a weapon to rip shields away from enemies is Friggin Awesome! I can't wait to see what else they are going to come up with for this, but being able to swing and shoot like this is going to be cool. Reading what Matt from IGN had to say about the controls, and him trying to jump and do a 360 at the same time very quickly caused a few problems, hopefully they will have stuff like that fixed before launch, but who knows.

I would like to hear what they have to say about the Morph Ball mode and some of the puzzels they will have with that, and exactly how it will work with the WII-Remote. It would seem like it would be fairly clunky to try to move the Morph Ball around with a free hand remote. Ohs wells, any thoughts from everybody else?

SB

I'm just curious as to what place in the Metroid timeline Prime 3 is supposed to occur. Seeing as how it's a sequel to Echoes, that should mean that it takes place after Super Metroid but before Fusion. If it DOES happen after Fusion then they should probably have Samus in the fusion suit. You know, to keep up with continuity.

For the ball, I've heard it's like before (analog stick).

The graple beam is cool and sounds better than the mountain of 3D hacking in Half-Life 2 (only because I thrust Retro Studios a lot more).

(note: I posted twice because I wanted to test the threaded view mode)

I thought Echoes took place before Super Metroid, heck before Metroid 2 even. I know the first Prime happend right after the first Metroid. Well, maybe Nintendo will let us know eventually.

I am pretty sure Echoes takes place after Super Metroid. This is because a GFed entry in Echoes states a trooper's skeptical look at Samus, doubting the possibility of one hunter being able to stop the space pirates and destroy a planet. We all know Samus doesn't blow up a world in the games until SM, unless another game is stuck between Metroids 1 and 2 that involves Samus demolishing a world at some point.

This is what I think, anyway.

EDIT: Also, it is basically impossible for any Metroid games to take place between 2 and Super Metroid. Super Metroid states that Samus delivers the Metroid hatchling once leaving SR388 and it is shortly after that that the space station holding the hatchling is attacked, thus the start of SM.

Good point. If Nintendo isn't careful though, its going to create another convoluted storyline like the Zelda series. I'm not sure really what order those games go through, because technically, they could all (or at least most) happen at the same time with so much time travel happening. And lets just hope Metroid wont fall into that...Although, that would be one heck of an exploration game...Nah.

SB

I think the Zelda games go along the lines of descendents. That is, each Link we've seen isn't always the same Link. Ever notice how there are differences? The original Zelda had Link with brown hair, A Link to the Past gave him a sort of red/pink dealy, and his recent images have him as a blonde.

I'm not too sure of the storyline, but I think the timeline starts with the original and probably goes as far as Wind Waker? I haven't played some of the games, so I'm unsure.

Well, dont forget that game characters hair seems to change with each passing game. For instance, in Metroid 1, Samus had brown hair...I think. But in Super Metroid, she had blond hair. Although, that has stayed consistent throughout the rest of the games.

SB

I think the Zelda games go along the lines of descendents. That is, each Link we've seen isn't always the same Link. Ever notice how there are differences? The original Zelda had Link with brown hair, A Link to the Past gave him a sort of red/pink dealy, and his recent images have him as a blonde.

I'm not too sure of the storyline, but I think the timeline starts with the original and probably goes as far as Wind Waker? I haven't played some of the games, so I'm unsure.

Talk to SimBen about this. He has the Zelda timeline FIGURED OUT like a mofo.