Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hobo

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nintendo announced the next installment of Super Smash Bros. today at a small press conference. The official title of the game is now Super Smash Bros. Brawl (not Mayhem as previously thought), and a few screenshots have surfaced, as well as the trailer which was shown at the press conference, all of which can be viewed here if you have a free Gamespot account. If you don't, go ahead and sign up. It's free and worth it.

Confirmed characters:

• Mario
  • Link (in his Twilight Princess look)
  • Pikachu
  • Kirby
  • Meta-Knight (a villain from the Kirby series)
  • Pit (Kid Icarus)
  • Samus (in her Zero Suit)
  • Wario (In his WarioWare garb)
  • Solid Snake

You read correctly. This is not a mistake or a hoax of any kind. Solid Snake is going to be in the next Smash Bros. as a playable character. Apparently Hideo Kojima himself had begged for Snake to be in MELEE back in the day, but they were already too far into development. When they started work on the new game, they called Kojima up and asked if he was still interested in Snake being in Smash Bros. I guess the answer was yes.

Go watch the trailer. Nintendo is made of awesome and win. Mind = blown.

New additions to the game seem to be (from the trailer):

• Nintendog (assumedly an item of some sort) that obscures the screen by being adorable right in front of the camera
  • Super special moves (like in traditional fighting games) activated by a new power-up item that look BADASS and probably are
  • A cardboard box item (we can only hope)

The soundtrack (including the theme song in the trailer) will be composed entirely by Nobuo Uematsu using a full orchestra. Some tracks will feature a choir singing in latin, apparently. The Smash Bros. website includes some info on the game from its creator, as well as the theme song in the trailer up for download. There's a "CHARACTERS" button that is tauntingly unclickable.

Hopefully more info will surface soon.

Until then... it's show time.

snake37kj.jpg

I hate it when every videogame screeshot looks like it was photoshopped. No really, look at the pict you just posted.

(I'm not contesting the presence of Snake. That would be stupid.)

Anyway, I'll be screaming of joy for an hour or two now.

Two words...

FRIGGING SWEET!!!!!

Solid Snake, and internet play! Whats next? A singing dancing mouse with his own amusment park?

SB

Edit: I just went to IGN.com and watched the video. And I am to stunned for words. This looks awesome!

So who else from Konami? Liquid Ocelot (from MGS4), Vic Viper (the little gunship thing from Gradius or LifeForce as I forget which), Simon Belomnt, maybe one of the chickas from Rumble Roses XX, anything from Parodius, Kid Dracula maybe, perhaps Alucard? XD

It's cool that it's not Grampa Snake from MGS4, but Liquid Ocelot from the little bit I've seen on G4 (:yuck:) looks badass.

Hell...let's have a poll!

// *** BEGIN POLL ***

What other Konami character would you want to see in Super Smash Brother Brawl?

My vote goes to Alucard.

We'll sooner see Simon Belmont than Alucard. Old-school Castlevania :yuck:

Although Alucard WOULD be funnier. The son of Dracula falling to... Pikachu XD

Also, why limit it to JUST Konami? This opens the flood gates entirely.

The creator and Miyamoto (I always forget the creator's name) said that this would enable other third-parties to jump in. I want to see Sonic once and for all.

With Hudson on board the Virtual Console, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bomberman or even Bonk!

This is truly a good day.

Am I the only one who noticed that Nobuo Uematsu composed the title music (Final Fantasy music guy)?

So I have to agree with Badger, Nintendo is letting third parties in for very odd reasons.

I'm not sure about Dante, but if they'd use a Capcom character I think it'd be Viewtiful Joe. Probably spelled that wrong, seeing as how I never played the game, but he seems like he'd fit.

The more the smashier, I say.

The development team is comprised of the guy who originally created the series and 50 programmers/developers/artists/etc. that have all played SSBM for thousands of hours.

They have an entire studio to themselves and are working on SSBB and SSBB alone full-time.

The polish on this game will be immaculate.

Yes, but think about it: WHY would it be JUST Konami?

Until there is a confirmation of other companies lending their franchise characters, we have that only KONAMI is onboard. Therefore the poll still should be KONAMI characters only.

When we have solid confirmation of CAPCOM, SEGA-SAMMY, SQUARE-ENIX (I loved Ehrgeiz), SNK PLAYMORE, or anyone else...we can then poll for those characters from those companies.

The main theme was created for us by none other than famed Final Fantasy composer, Nobuo Uematsu!

Additionally, opera singer Ken Nishikiori has also participated in this project on vocals.

...And as a special service to readers of this site, I can say that the game's music will be performed by a full orchestra.

Well, this is fun. If they got a composer from an other company, there is more chances of characters (or content) from other franchises. As long as it doesn't turn into an advertisement game, I'm all for it.

Well, this is fun. If they got a composer from an other company, there is more chances of characters (or content) from other franchises. As long as it doesn't turn into an advertisement game, I'm all for it.

Nobou is now with MistWalker. He left Square-Enix after finishing Final Fnatasy X. He said it was fun working on Final Fantasy X because he finally got to use his background in hard rock.