Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
InsaneSpaceHunter

Am I older than Outey looks?

Anyhoo, Outerverse said that I look older than he thought I would when he saw my new photo in my profile, so I figured I'd ask around. Tell me... how old do you think the guy in the following photograph is?

<center>josh.gif</center>

(Click on the pic for a larger image)

Well? How old? I'd do this as a pool, but ever so unfortunately, those just DON'T WORK LIKE WE'D LIKE THEM TO. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Anyhoo, Outerverse said that I look older than he thought I would when he saw my new photo in my profile, so I figured I'd ask around. Tell me... how old do you think the guy in the following photograph is?

Well? How old?

you know i'm the worest person to ask this... i'm not exactly a good judge of apperence more so by age.

anyhow looking at it I think 21 to 27. IF you want an exact guess well i'd say 24.

Oh... 20. :D

Funny though, you look a LOT like a weird mix of the two Denis Drolets, a Canadian comedy duo...

Here's a pic: denisd.jpg

ARGH!!! My little brother JUST erased my FF9 file while I was typing this!!! Have to go through CD1 and half of CD2 all over again!

By the way, yes, these ARE brown vests.

Well, my Unix class thought I was a 35-year-old failed dot-commer coming back to a community college to update my skills... which also wasn't correct. :spam:

And yeah, I do look like a mix of the two of them. Go figure, there's a perfectly good reason I like Canadian comedy. And it's not just because it's darn funny. :D

Have a nice day, and keep guessing! (though SimBen wasn't far off)

The Insane Space Hunter

I'm going to say late 40s early 50s because you didn't really expect me to give an accurate answer about this anyway. That, and you're too thin to be an active computer programmer and too fat to be Bill Gates.

:P

Yup. Flute. Indeed, the flute. Go figure, eh?

Incidentally, SimBen's still the closest, and Ffej isn't far behind. As long as Heck, who's sitting next to me typing a post in this very thread, doesn't blow the whole thing out of the water and give me away, this might turn out in an interesting manner...

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

If you think that's amazing, you should see him play Jazz. One of the two Jazz flutes in Colorado bands when he was in school, that's what he used to tell me, but that was awhile ago. That's part of the reason we all like Jethro Tull so much. When he's playin', it's all good! :P

But, then again, I haven't heard him even play flute in years. ;) But, then again, who has time to play flute when your a sit on your butt all day and type on a computer and force things to work type of a guy like Gimpy. Well, that's not entirely true, he also makes new avatars occasionally.

Oh, yeah, well YOUR a guy that can't spell "you're," ya slipshod goit. And no, I was the only high school jazz flute player during my days in high school. There was another girl that sort of tried to, but she never actually played the flute in a concert, just the piano, so it doesn't count.

Also, if you haven't heard me play the flute, you haven't been listening. Though I've been playing the drum more recently, that's true.

And thanks for not messing up the "guess the age" game. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Me...I played Alto & Baritone Sax AND was in the Marching Band to boot.

I tell ya, marching a parade playing Bari-Sax is the hardest damn thing I have ever done. :P I was nearly hyperventalating by the halfway point. :P

I know exactly why ISH plays flute. It's because of one rock group: <marquee><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>JETHRO TULL!!</span></marquee></span>

;)

Nope, still wrong. :P

Anyway, yeah, it's pretty much Jethro Tull all the way. There's a perfectly good reason I have over 80 Tull tracks in my MP3 library. Sometimes, I just start the playlist in the morning when I get to work and finish it about the time I leave. ;)

Let's see, here... in all, I can play the tenor sax, the flute, the bodhran (Irish drum), the bones, spoons, piano (a bit), the tin whistle, the wooden flute, the fife, the piccolo, the bongos, CDs, tapes, video games, and Heck for a fool. :P

Actually, I think I might've left out one or two incarnations of the flute (really, the wood flute is VERY different from the now-traditional silver kind), but you get the idea. The maestro of the house is really my sister, though, who taught herself to play the trumpet and learned Oh Holy Night (or some other Christmas song) by ear in the space of an hour. She also plays the trombone, the tenor, alto, and soprano saxophones, the violin, the piano, four or five other instruments, the snare drum, the bells, the marimba, the xylophone, the synth keyboard, the guitar, the trap set, and she's looking into learning the bassoon. Go figure.

We're just a musical family, I guess. *shrugs* My dad's our bandleader (<a href=http://www.mulligan-stew.com>http://www.mulligan-stew.com</a>; Ffej has been there, and no, the site doesn't look right in IE6) and plays more instruments than I do... my 8-year-old brother can play the bodhran, and my 11-year-old brother has starred in a high school musical... yeah, musical, I guess.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Gettin' there. But still wrong. :P

Actually, the sax was easy (once I got the whole mouthpiece thing down), because all the alternate fingerings for saxophone happen to be the standard flute fingerings for the same note. So that was easy enough, though everybody looked at me funny when I didn't do anything the "standard" way. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

We have a winner! Of course, there weren't that many choices left (unless somebody thought I was under 18 for some strange reason)

My birthdate (or age, or something) was actually in my old EZBored profile, come to think of it. There's no such field on iB, though, so you couldn't just check. I did that, once, on EZBoard--had people guess my age, when they could've clicked one link IN MY MESSAGE and found out. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I dunno... you look 19 to me... no older, no younger.

I am 17... I look 17... I act either 7 or 37, but never 17. If I acted 17, I'd be dead by now.

And yes, I revived this post for no reason other than morbidly extreme boredom. :P

Edited By Badger-san on 1049047278

Whatever works, man. :P

As for me, I suppose I act either 9 or... uh... older... or something... okay, just 9. Immaturity is the order of the day.

Of course, that doesn't go very far to the people on AIM that think I'm 40 because I use complete sentences and stand in opposition of nonexistent, often monosyllabic spoutings of ignorance such as "u2," "cya l8r," and "Orion," as well as advocate good spelling and, you know, PUNCTUATION.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter