Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hobo

Paradoxes - either logical or visual, I'm not picky.

Have you any paradox that has been turning your brain inside out just trying to understand it? Like, since cats always land on their feet, and since buttered toast always lands buttered side down, then if you tie a piece of buttered toast onto a cat's back and drop him from a tree... will it spin one foot from the ground for all eternity? Or will the universe just simply implode on itself? Nobody will ever know... :P

I love the idea of women but most women just make me angry and vengeful.

There. My paradox.

Not quite as funny as yours :whatever:

Yes, but yours is much more actual and real than mine.

Women... :P :S

I need a girlfriend, love, sex.

Bravo, Jerret!

BRAVO!

DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHERDOWN WITH BIGBROTHER DOWN WITH BIGBROTHER

Aheh.

Can't think of any new paradox...es

There's always the one where you go back in time and kill yourself. That's a good one. I mean, you'd then not exist in the future to go back in time and kill yourself, so you wouldn't kill yourself. Because you wouldn't exist. Which means that you wouldn't kill yourself, and you'd live to be able to go back and kill yourself.

This all goes into my theory of diagonal time travel (which suddenly makes Bishop of X-Men fame's name make a whole lot more sense), which I won't get into, but there's a paradox. I figure that the universe will just look angrily at you if you try to kill yourself in the past.

Now, if you try to kill yourself in the future, that's all hunky-dory. No problems with causality, time paradoxes, or even multidimensional cans of spam. ;)

Have anice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Now, if you try to kill yourself in the future, that's all hunky-dory. No problems with causality, time paradoxes, or even multidimensional cans of spam. ;)

Well, according to Doc Brown, by meeting yourself in the future, you might trigger a paradox which would cause the whole universe to implode on itself.

That, or both yous will just faint. Which is actually what happened. :P

Heh... now Escher is the master of paradoxes. You got me beat, Badger. Even if I could trump Escher, I'm too lazy to try. ;)

That, and Lupin's almost on. Gotta have the priorities.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Uh, even given time differences, Lupin should have been way over by the time you posted. Unless your cable company has some sort of evil overfeind timewarp device.

That's missing something.

Take 2

Uh, even given time differences, Lupin should have been way over by the time you posted. Unless your cable company has some sort of evil overfeind timewarp device of unmentionable and unwavering doom, death, and certain destruction. Super alpha plus mega ultra type R.

Yeah.

I don't pretend to know how time works. I just live in it. I mean, not only do we have the whole time zone thing, but according to the board, I posted at, like, 9:36. Which doesn't even make sense, since I posted slightly before the show started... which isn't five minutes after the beginning of the time slot.

Anyway, maybe the schedule is messed up... Adult Swim starts at midnight, my time, which is 2 am your time. Cartoon Network is funny like that--the showtimes are Eastern, yet I get them one hour late instead of two.

Moving on, Family Guy is next, at 12:30. Then comes Big O at 1, followed by Kikaider at 1:30, Trigun at 2, and Lupin at 2:30.

I don't know why I get all the shows one hour off instead of two, or how exactly all this works between Eastern and Mountain, or why the time was so far off for Glitch, but it is. Some kind of temporal paradox here, or something. I dunno.

But that's how it is.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I don't know why I get all the shows one hour off instead of two, or how exactly all this works between Eastern and Mountain, or why the time was so far off for Glitch, but it is. Some kind of temporal paradox here, or something. I dunno.

Father time farted.

Oh, and good job working the discussion to fit the realm of paradoxes. :bigthumb: