Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

BRAWL IS HERE!!!

I finally get my hands on what must be one of the best fighters available...And I have to wait to play it today...#@%$!

I managed to get a few hours logged on the Single Player mode, and I have to say, not bad. Not great, but not bad. The story is interesting, and the gameplay is fun. Its hammpered by multiple loading screens though that take longer than I think they should to start a fight or mission sequence. For those of you who dont have a Wii, bummer for you :). Single Player consists of several levels that play out similar to an old school Hack N Slash game. Going from left to right beating up baddies that spawn every half a second. At most stages you get to choose from at least two characters that you want to play. If you die, you switch to the next character in line. As the game progresses you get more and more people joining you in the fight. Until the final level when you have almost everybody! The only one I haven't found is Sonic, dont know why, maybe I went in the wrong door...Oh well, I'll get him later.

I can't wait for later today when I can finish up Single Player, and dive into online multiplayer! As long as my Wii decides to connect to the internet, which it has problems doing for reasons that are beyond human understanding...Or maybe just mine. Anyway, I said all that to say this. For those of you who have the game, send me a Private message so that we can do the whole friend code thing and get to brawling! I would post mine here in the post, but I would prefer it not get out to the spam bots or other anoying peoples. Okey Dokey, laters!

SB

I've been enjoying it myself, though I have yet to do SSE. I have had my angry moments (especially with freaking 15-minute brawl and dying with 33 seconds left on the clock), but it was pretty much the same back with Melee. Chances are I'll be up again this night playing it like last night, ehheh...

Talking to Badger, I now doubt that spambots, or any similar things, would be able to make use of our codes XP

With that in mind...

2363-5319-9657

Posted from my AIM thing.

So now my text is also funky.

Bwa ha...

There's absolutely nothing a spambot could do with your friend codes. :rolleyes:

Besides, they must be traded in order for any communication to occur, so they would have to give you theirs and you would have to accept.

Anyway, I bought a Wii and Brawl on the 9th.

WII FRIEND CODE: 9002 8813 4982 8474

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 4468 0653 9016 (Name: Kefka)

Bring it on! :)

My best characters so far appear to be Snake, Wario and Donkey Kong. I'm still pretty good with Pikachu, but I hate his Final Smash.

DOUBLE/LAG POST, UH OH.

In any case, I think I'm doing pretty well with King Dedede, and Pit's pretty cool, too. I still want to get good with Samus, though, who was my main back in Melee.

So: late ass thoughts on Brawl.

I think the single player 'levels were lame, the cutscenes were really cool, sonic coming in seemed like an after thought and after the dramatic entrance was kinda lame, and the amount of new stuff didn't really justify the dev time.

Brawl plays almost identically to melee, and the final smash effectiveness is way way WAY different between characters. Some are auto 1 hit kills and others are embarrassing annoyances.

I bought this week 1 and played til the characters were unlocked and barely touched it since. It doesn't feel like there's nearly the depth and amount of fun side stuff and challenges you can do as compared to melee.

So: late ass thoughts on Brawl.

I think the single player 'levels were lame, the cutscenes were really cool, sonic coming in seemed like an after thought and after the dramatic entrance was kinda lame, and the amount of new stuff didn't really justify the dev time.

Brawl plays almost identically to melee, and the final smash effectiveness is way way WAY different between characters. Some are auto 1 hit kills and others are embarrassing annoyances.

I bought this week 1 and played til the characters were unlocked and barely touched it since. It doesn't feel like there's nearly the depth and amount of fun side stuff and challenges you can do as compared to melee.

I nearly collected everything. I'm missing a single trophy because it's too hard to get-- Boss Battles on Intense. I may never get it. Also, no one I know plays this game still. Shelf food.

Maybe it's just babby's first group gaem, but we tend to play melee more than brawl on the Wii. it's like... I dunno, something feels off about Brawl. The dif between moving memory cards and the built insaving for the wii might be it too. Unlocking characters is fun like once

I nearly collected everything. I'm missing a single trophy because it's too hard to get-- Boss Battles on Intense. I may never get it. Also, no one I know plays this game still. Shelf food.

Practice with Charizard :P

I'd play it, but I guess I haven't been that into it since the time I acted like a dick to both you and Sword when we were doing those online matches.

Maybe it's just babby's first group gaem, but we tend to play melee more than brawl on the Wii. it's like... I dunno, something feels off about Brawl. The dif between moving memory cards and the built insaving for the wii might be it too. Unlocking characters is fun like once

I have to say that it does feel like something's different. My cousin (Sid) and I had played the hell out of Melee, but we never really got that into Brawl. One thought is that it might have to do with some of the stupid crap they added. Like tripping. Seriously, why the hell would you put something like that in? Also the matter of some characters from Melee being absent from the roster. Sid was a big fan of using Roy.

Too bad I didn't make this reply about a month ago...