Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
paru591

Member introductions!!

Yeah, sure, just 'cause it took me a month or whatever to respond to that insult does NOT mean that I am neccesarily absent-minded concerning posting. Wait... yes it does.

Anyway, if I'm really needed in the whole anime gig, then I'll first have to, you know, GET A WEBSITE I CAN POST IMAGES ON SO AS TO UPLOAD THEM TO BE SHOWN HERE! LOOK AT ME TALKING IN ALL CAPS! I FEEL SO IMPORTANT!

Anyway, I would like to be a mod should we ever get around to that. Otherwise, I'll probably never really notice and act as if I'm a mod whether or not I am.

Yeah, whatever that means.

Anyway, if you REALLY want a website, well, I can clear some crud off my Geocities thing that I only use to host images for remote linking anymore... yeah, that's where I keep stuff like:

this

worldofpain.txt

and this

iDoot.txt

and this

m2gldcrt.txt

(image ©2001 SimBen)

Anyhoo, we can figure something out. Or, you can get your own danged Tripod site. Like I did. Several times, actually.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Whatever we do, I am NOT going to Angelfire again. I can stil remember the pain, THE GOGGLES, THEY DO NOTHING!

:D

Anyway, onto other stuff. By the way, your site here glitched last night for me and only had the announcements board and new inmates processing center. Thought you might want to know, but it might just be that the computer was jacked so I had to use IE instead of Mozilla. Who knows.

Yeah, its me. Anyways, first time I actually posted here, and well, I have a bit of a problem. I just got done making myself an avatar, you see, and whenever I try to upload it...

Ikonboard CGI Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

CGI open of tmpfile: Read-only file system

This error was reported at:

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

... I get this damn error. So can anybody help me out here?

Looks like a problem with my host again.

Was there ever any doubt? :flame:

Anyway, Sasuke, I might be able to help you out. Email me your avvie and I'll stick it up on my GeoCities server--the one I use to host all my farce images (Neo-Terranigma, iDoot, etc.) and my sig image. I'll send ye the link, too.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

All right, the avvie is up on the internet. If for any reason you should need to re-download it in a readable, savable GIF format (as I renamed the file TXT for the purposes of getting past Geocities' remote linking filter), the original GIF is at . The URL for your USABLE avatar is . Put that in the "Avatar URL" field in the Board Preferences area and you should be just fine.

As for the whole "Sassy" thing... I just couldn't resist. icon_razz.gif

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well, disregard the whole thing. Outerverse went behind my back and fixed the damn problem. icon_razz.gif

I'll leave the avvie image up, Sasuke, should you need it for anything else and are too lazy to use the one off the board via copying is lcat with yor rtcic u. cu, ankly 'toazyo grn and lt itfmGeoci

Pardon me, I typed that in too fast for this computer to keep up, evidently. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I'm leaving the images up, in case you're too lazy to use the one off THIS board on other boards via right-clicking to get the location... because I'M too lazy to go take it down now. icon_razz.gif Which is the same reason that pieces of three old websites are still on that server, come to think of it. icon_wink.gif

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Yup, something bad would happen if you didn't come here. Like, there'd be another poster out there in LIMBO instead of here. :P And there where would we be?

Er... I guess we'd be right here. YOU'D be in limbo. Whatever.

Anyway, welcome, blabbity blah... you've heard all sort of welcome messages before, I'd wager, so we won't bore you with the usual "sit down to tea and drinks that are only metaphorical anyway" things. Instead, I shall just say something I picked up recently for just such an occassion.

"Well, hello." ;P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Long shpiels are my middle name. Well, okay, they're not... but they may as well be. Something like that. :P

Anyway, just saying "hi, welcome to the board" was never my style... everybody gets a slightly different greeting, and that greeting actually says something instead of just "hi." You've introduced yourself, say, and I just reply with "Hello there, welcome to the board." You don't get from that any understanding of who I am or what kind of person is on the other side of the post.

Plus, short posts are... boring. Usually. So I avoid them.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Don't worry about your post length... I said that short posts are usually boring, not always. As long as you're actually saying something worthwhile, you're okay in my book. :P

Anyway, I live in a state of insanity... also, I reside in a city called Arvada in Colorado. Though I'm technically in another city right this minute for work, Arvada's where I hang my hat.

How about you?

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

-Take 1:

Hi, I'm Alldogship and welcome to the Asylum.

-Take 2:

Hi, I'm Alldogship and I need a rocket launcher.

-Take 3:

Hi, I'm Fewcatboat.

-Take 4:

Hi, I'm Alldogship and... I don't remember what I'm doing here.

-Take 5:

Hi, I'm Alldogship and welcome to homestarrunner.net, it's dot com.

-Prise 6

Bonjour, je suis Toutchienbateau...

Hey, All, glad you finally made it. Welcome to the boardd and all that.

And for everybody else: All here is the reason that the Poll button says "New Pool." :P In case you wondered. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Insane people? Good heavens, where? :P

Yes, paraphrasing Samurai Jack quotes is a worthy pursuit.

Onto actual business, it's good to see you over here, SB. Things are getting hepped up 'round here... new guys like SuperSephiroth and jerett the american, plus the usual batch of loonies and Mr. Pool himself, All... it's like an all-star looney cast, minus the Marx brothers.

They're here in spirit, though, really they are. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter