Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hobo

The Return of Lupin the 3rd! - "Lou-pawn" is back on Adult S

Yay! Lupin's back! I was kinda getting used to watching Futurama, but I can make do with... no, wait... midnight on Adult Swim is... aw, crap, that's Trigun! Damn them! Damn them all to hell! They've moved it back to 2 in the morning, my time!

Bleh. I stay up too late as it is... oh, well. I'm glad they finally ditched that piece of hamster excrement Reign... we put up with THAT one for too damn long.

Thanks for the scoop, Badger. Their new schedule is as follows, as per whatever time zone they use:

11:00 pm: Futurama

11:30 pm: Family Guy

12:00 pm: Lupin III

12:30 pm: Inuyasha

1:00 am: Trigun

1:30 am: Cowboy Bebop

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Yes, they finally got it right this time. All good shows.

Nothing to dodge for a half hour or so while waiting for the next show after it to come on. It's all 100% watchable.

I'd still rather they put Outlaw Star or Pilot Candidate or something back on instead of Family Guy, personally... or, both in place of their first hour of programming, no offense to Matt Groening, but yeah, this is all good stuff.

To Reign: rest in pieces, you son of a bitch!

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Futurama and Family Guy are the only two shows I watch on AS at the moment. Now I'll be watching those two and Lupin.

I'm sorry but Family Guy is one of the funniest shows ever conceived. Futurama is great, too. Isn't two hours of anime enough? Good grief.

I like anime but I hate watching anime mid-season when I've forgotten the stuff which happened before. Maybe I'm just sliding farther away from anime. I dunno.

Don't get me wrong here--Family Guy is a great show, and Futurama was conceived int he fertile mind of the Grand High Poobah of Unrelenting Everlasting Creativity himself, Matt Groening. I mean, every episode opens in a different way--both The Simpsons and Futurama do this--and maybe he doesn't come up with it all, but still, my hat's off to the guy.

In any case, I'd still prefer to see Pilot Candidate or Outlaw Star in place of Family Guy, as I personally just like them better. Of course, I also wouldn't mind if they ditched... um... 90% of the random garbage on their Sunday Night schedule and put them in there, instead.

I'm quite happy with Family Guy, mind you, and Futurama as well, but I'd like to see all the episodes I missed of Pilot Candidate and Outlaw Star when they played them on their Saturday Night gig way back when. More than I'd like to see Cowboy Bebop, come to think of it--I own those, and they've been playing them since Adult Swim began, so a change wouldn't be uncalled for.

Yeah, yeah, I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, here, but if Badger can be a devil's advocate, I can be a smeggy malcontent and say nothing's perfect. ;)

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Ehhh, outlaw can stay off of CN forever as far as I'm concerned. When they had it up at first on AS, it was still cut (they wanted their buck back from having to pay to edit it for toonami ^^;), and if it comes back on, it'll still be the old cut (they'd have to re-cut it because there is some stuff you just can't show on teh american TV).

But yeah, Piolt canidate was cool, but personally, I wanna see one of those long runing and thus impossible to collect fuckers, like ranma 1/2 and slayers. That'd be pimp.

Yeah, Slayers or Ranma would be good. I've seen a few eps of Slayers on the International Channel, subtitled... so there shouldn't be any problems. I mean, geez, all the voice actors need do is READ THE LINES OFF THE SCREEN. Or, they could show it subtitled; I wouldn't mind.

I mean, I've not seen anything that warrants cutting, but it might be there. Of course, it was rated, like, TVPG, which is what 90% of their "adults only" stuff is rated, anyway... so theoretically, the rating actually applies to something, unlike that whole "coarse language and suggestive dialogue" thing they play between every AS show.

Anyway, yeah. I say they throw half their Sunday lineup in the garbage (not that most of it is anywhere else currently), put on Family Guy and Futurama there, then add some more anime into the weekday biz.

Or, they could add anime in on Sundays, leave weekdays as they are. Fine with me--it'll keep it all mixed. Which I'd be happy with.

Of course, if I was the head honcho behind all this Adult Swim stuff, I'd require that whoever thought of bringing in Reign wear a banana suit as his uniform for work, then bring in some rabid monkeys during the lunch hour. I mean, it's only fair...

Well, not really. I'd need to put Richard Nixon masks on the monkeys to give them that annoyingly ugly facade that all Reign's characters have. Then, it would be perfect.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter