• Announcements

• KaizenNeko

Forum Rules (Read Me)   01/10/2010

When writing thread for stories in the Interactive Unrealities section please do so off-site using something like Word or Notepad before posting. This way should something happen when you submit, you will not lose any work.   Also when using Word, please preview your post before submitting. In the past there was an issue with Word's "Smart Quotes" being converted to garbage characters. Though this should no longer be a problem it's best to find out before hand rather than have to make a bunch of edits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InsaneSpaceHunter

OneDerangedNeko, eh?

17 posts in this topic

Completely divorcing yourself from the 'Outerverse' screenname, are we? I just happened to notice that today; did you do that just now, or am i just unobservant? :P

I'm still calling you 'Outey,' though, regardless of what your screenname is. Just so's you know. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Completely divorcing yourself from the 'Outerverse' screenname, are we? I just happened to notice that today; did you do that just now, or am i just unobservant? :P

I'm still calling you 'Outey,' though, regardless of what your screenname is. Just so's you know. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I'm thinking about it. I'm not too sure I'll like being the same name as my site...but then again that IS how I got to be Outerverse in the first place.

Let's just say I'm making this a trial run.

Well, at least calling yourself "OneDerangedNeko" is somehow better than calling yourself "Black Blade" or some such. :P Admittedly, it seems a bit weird (especially since I've known you as "Outerverse" for, like, nigh on nine years now. But whatever floats your boat. Knowing your past history of completely redesigning anything and/or everything (sites, signatures, avatars, forums, fonts, etc.) every couple of months, though, it might just be another one of your "phases." Or it might not be. In any case, I'll 'hold my tongue.'

:P

Well, so much for holding my tongue. Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I actually think I've found a name I can get behind.

Kaizen : ?? : continuous improvement : because as ISH pointed out, I'm never satisfied with anything and constantly looking for better ways to do stuff.

Neko : ? : cat : because I like cats and nekomimi.

All right, you got it, OneDerangedOuterKaizenNekoverse. :lol:

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

you forgot that I did go by DemonOuterverse for along while too. So it'd be OneDerangedDemonOuterKaizenNekoverse! Making me have a name officially longer than yours! ~ODDOKNO

All right, you got it, OneDerangedOuterKaizenNekoverse. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

you forgot that I did go by DemonOuterverse for along while too. So it'd be OneDerangedDemonOuterKaizenNekoverse! Making me have a name officially longer than yours! ~ODDOKNO

And if you threw in BOTP1 Outerverse's BOTP1 Parody alter ego, it would be OneDerangedDemonOuterKaizenNekocoatverse.

And that is my essentially useless comment for the day :P

I called him OuterFero for a time, too... so... OneDerangedDemonOuterFeroKaizenNekoCoatverse. :P

I can't believe anyone even REMEMBERS the BOTP1 parody... I myself had forgotten about it. :P Is that still lying around somewhere? Or did it just die in obscurity where I left it? :P

Anyway, Outey... er, Kaizey... One... you, you might have the longest NAME now, but *I* still have the longest attack name. The High-Velocity Whimsically Ridiculous Unreliable Flying Headbutt Of Insanity That Ensures Victory (HVWRUFHOITEV, or Huh-vuh-we-ruh-fhoi-tev). So there. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I can't believe anyone even REMEMBERS the BOTP1 parody... I myself had forgotten about it. :P Is that still lying around somewhere? Or did it just die in obscurity where I left it? :P

I'm sure it's lying around somewhere in the BOTP1 (or BOTP2) archive. I think I always remembered it for the parody of your character, the In-Spain S.A.S.E. Hunt-fer, whose name was just too silly to not remember.

Yeah, that was a good one. :P I also remember "SimulatedBen," but can't quite remember what I did with Wave Man--it was, like, Wave Guy or something. Water Man. Water Guy. Something. And Outercoat, of course.

I can't remember what I did with dab, either... had I to do it over again, I'd probably go with "ilo." I may or may not have in the first place... just can't remember anymore. And I dug around the Info & Data Centers... didn't find it in any of the live archives. Oh, well. Since I never finished it (or got past the character names and the first battle), I suppose it's not that big a deal. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well, the deed is done. After a decade of using Outerverse and various forms of it, I have walked away from it.

I could go into a long spiel about the history of it and what not, but you all know the history.

But way leave it at all? Well mostly because it was identifying me with something that hadn't been there for a long time, my old site Outer Universe. There's also the fact that I found out that there is a company called "Outerverse Productions". I didn't want to run in to any legal trouble with Phil Hardy, the owner, if I decided to use "One Deranged Neko!" to make a little payola. But mostly it was just the need to begin again.

Maybe in another 10 years I'll be changing names again. :P

I'm seriously considering it myself. I think I want to stop using Badger as my online name and come up with something else. It'll take a while, though.

Anyways, your new name's alright. I'll call you Kai from now on. :P

Maybe in another 10 years I'll be changing names again. :)

And maybe in ten years I'll manage to stop calling you "Outey." :P I thought about going to "Gimp" a couple years ago when my online and "real-world" selves started gravitating toward each other, but I figured everybody would still think of me as "ISH" and I frankly didn't care that much.

At least we'll always have the "Black Blade" reference to Outerverse's weapon of choice to remember your former self by. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

I've officially laid to rest the last remains of my former user name. I just deleted my LiveJournal and my gmail account and closed everything I could that had that name.

Sure as hell took me long enough. :P

Yeah, six months later. :P

Of course, I just realized because I'm writing a new chapter of TAOTISH, that you have another character that we didn't work into the username wackiness earlier in the thread. Just think... you could've been The Psychopathic Space Hunter for all of your online interactions. :P It would be like you starring in a spinoff of a series I starred in that you allowed me to create. Howzabout that for a goofy ironic idea?

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

So... is 'KaizenNeko' still holding up well, yo ? :P

And what IS the history behind Outerverse / Outer Universe, other than being the former name of your site? If you told me before it must have gone and fallen out of my noodle by now.