Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
InsaneSpaceHunter

TAOTISH Chapter 6, Take Two... and... ACTION!

http://asylum.skulldaisy.com/taotish/taotish6.htm

There we go, that'll make everything easier. Reply with any or all comments to this thread, if you feel like doing so. The chapter is yet untitled and incomplete (and thus is not yet linked off of the main TAOTISH page at http://asylum.skulldaisy.com/taotish), so don't be expecting the whole thing, now. I also have to do that whole "navigation" thing by applying a template in Dreamweaver, but that comes after I finish writing the damn thing. :P

Lemme know what you think... I amended a few passages to describe things better (or worse, as the case may be :P), added an introduction of the introductory scene as seemed appropriate, and otherwise changed a few things before writing what is pretty much the next entire section of what happens after Warchord and Insaney meet the Scotsman. I also managed to throw in (somewhat as a surprise to myself, actually) an off-handed reference to Edgar Allen Poe. Since I'd already done Walt Whitman and Miguel de Cervantes, it seemed like a fun idea. :P Just read the darn thing.

And have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

All right, I think I'm done... with the navigation on the page (which doesn't yet include Chapter 6, I know), it comes out at about 8 pages long (at least, 8 pages in my browser... about the same as Chapter 5, and, like twice as long as Chapter 1). I decided to end it where it ends, though I had other ideas--the problem was, I couldn't really figure a way to work them into what was going on without messing up what was going on in the first place. So I'll probably have some manner of Chapter 7 on the way soon, to use the other plot devices and crap I came up with for Chapter 6 and didn't use (some would include a revisitation of Delinquent Dan, who just some random guy in Chapter 1, the Hunter's armor being reused for the first time since it tried to kill him in BOTP5, and something having to do with ol' "Skins" Kelly whose voice the Hunter borrows for BOTP these days).

I also want to revisit Brooklyn Joe and Captain Seamus "Lucky" Flaherty for some reason. They only just appeared in relatively minor roles, but they'll probably be part of the cast soon. I should probably write all this down somewhere so I don't have to keep digging up the HTML from previous chapters to find out voice colors. :P Although I'll always remember Brooklyn Joe, whose voice color is literally NYPD Blue, AKA 000dFF. Oh, the hidden humor. I picked Lucky's voice color because it looks like green Lucky Charms--55cc55. Oh, the racial stereotyping. :P

Incidentally, can anyone figure out who the Hunter impersonates after they topple the tower? It's not Sasuke, but the voices are apparently the same color. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Incidentally, can anyone figure out who the Hunter impersonates after they topple the tower? It's not Sasuke, but the voices are apparently the same color. :P

Is that a question in the trivia sense, or a question in the 'I'd like to know, too' sense?

Trivia sense. Thus the :P instead of :S or... um... :... look, I dunno what a contemplative smiley would be like. So thus, the ever-popular tongue. :P

But yeah, I know who it is. It was just a random bit that I threw in, wondered if anybody could figure out who it was supposed to be. I intentionally didn't mention who it was by name in the chapter because the name would be meaningless to anyone who read TAOTISH and not BOTP. I mean, there's a lot of BOTP references in TAOTISH (because ISH was *started* as a BOTP character and is somewhat inextricable from the universe), but I try to put in explanations just in case. And this was just another random thing the Hunter said, so it didn't really need explaining and thus wasn't explained. Just seeing if anyone picked up the reference.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Yeah, and Myrddin would be the only one of those that would speak in a British accent. :P So there you go, then. It was just a random thing that I decided to have him do a British schtick right there, and I though, "Hey, he knew a Brit once," so I just looked up ol' Myrddin's vocal color for kicks.

Now that my "random BOTP trivia of the day" is over, what did you think of the chapter as a whole? It ended somewhat abruptly as far as the story goes, but I factored that in as Warchord's "pounce first, ask questions later" kind of style. Once they were finally on the right track, she would be the type to drive to the finish... especially considering the other thirteen bars or what-have-you they'd apparently visited before the beginning of the story.

Also, I'm looking for feedback and/or ideas on the title. Right now, it's obviously a joke about the fact that the first stop (which is technically the thirteenth or whatever number I used, but who's counting?) was the right one but they ended up on the wrong track, but I'm always open to ideas.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Alright, now that I've read all of it, I gotta say that I like the way it turned out. You've pretty much got Warchord down from what I see, especially in regards to her nicknaming, and I definitely like the bounty hunter angle. To be honest, what you've done with Warchord here probably exceeds what little I had done with her back during my sprite comic making, so you've now had a hand in shaping her character and did a pretty sweet job to boot, so I thank you for that, dude.

As for throttling her contact, that's given me some ideas, ehheh heh...

Cool, glad you liked it. I reckoned I'd leave the "contact strangling" part to you in your own stories... it seems too related to end up in one of mine. :P

In any case, I became suddenly enamored with a completely unrelated side project (long story), so I'll probably put Chapter 7 on the back burner for a while. I still need to add Chapter 6 to the navigation, which means I need to figure out if I still have the PSDs for the navbar images lying around somewhere. If I don't, I'll either have to try to fake it (hard) or make all-new navigation (easier, but more time-consuming). I don't even know if I have that *font* anymore... might've been on the old laptop.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter