Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Left 4 Dead...Demo

Wow...That was fun...New game at the top of my Christmas list...Just wow...My first time playing, and I managed to get with a good group too.

Basically in the demo, you have two levels to play through, and can only play on the side of the survivers, which is a team of four players. Or one and three bots. In the demo level you move through a building and into the streets to get to the subway. The second level is going down into the subway, and then trying to get out and reach the rescue team at the top. Apparently, once the full version comes out, you can play as the zombies and bosses also. Sounds awesome to me.

I'll give a full review when I get the full version...But I'm not sure when that will be, as I don't think I will be getting it until next month at the earliest...Which will be hard, as I will be very tempted to buy it myself before my Birthday and Christmas.

But, if any of ya'll have the demo, my tag is Vasin23. So keep your eyes open for me!

SB

Left 4 dead. 3 was still moving when I came back around, so I took care of that. DIdn't even bother with 9 since that first gouge set things in motion, though I can't say the same for 51 since there's not enough of him left for the worms.

- End Report -

PS, I posted this without even looking at what was first posted, yoink.

This is one of the games where the commercial completely sold me--they had me at "four-player co-op" and "zombies." THAT IS THE FORMULA FOR THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME. :P

I actually bought Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green for the original XBOX for similar reasons, though it didn't really have a co-op multiplayer. It did, however, have all of the multiplayer staples--deathmatch, team deathmatch, survival, capture the flag, etc.--WITH ZOMBIES. You're free and clear with the other team's flag, and then holy crap, your brain gets eaten. Whoopsie.

This is, ironically, the same reason I *still* haven't gotten Dead Rising--no multiplayer. I'm all about the multiplayer. And zombies. To the point where my friends and I will play Counterstrike: Source against a full team of high-level bots set to use only knives and grenades. Three or four versus eighteen, even when we have guns and they don't, is still not an assured victory. Great fun. The only downside is that you can't actually blow their heads off. :P

Sorry to ramble, I'm just really freaking excited about Left 4 Dead. ZOMBIES! I'll have to grab the demo to tide me over--tag is SkullDaisy Gimp. ZOMBIES!

Have a nice ZOMBIE!

The Insane Space Hunter

Sweet! I'll try and find you and get you added to my friends list!

So if you see something from Vasin23, thats me.

SB

Edit: I searched the Steam network for SkullDaisy Gimp, I even copy pasted it to make sure I spelled it right too, and it says you don't exsist. Are you playing on a console ISH?

Ah, yes, that'd be the problem. :P Sorry, I see "tag," and I get to hopin'.

But yeah, I'm on a console. The desktop computer I have steam on has problems running Counterstrike: Source, so I don't get on it much for gaming. Not sure what my Steam tag is... I'll let you know, though, when and if I get that going again.

Sorry for the mix-up. Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Eh, no worries. Although it seems as though I must buy and Xbox 360 to play with any of my friends. And I don't have the money to do so. Especially since I'm trying to save up enough money to buy a new computer to take with me to school next year, I need upwards of $3500 in total for the computer and the programs for said classes. But oh well.

SB

College bookstores often sell student (read: cheaper) editions of programs needed for use in classes offered--that's how I got Photoshop 6 back in the day. And technically, the government student grant paid for that. :P It's something to look into, at least.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

So, after being able to play the demo, I have to say. I'm hooked on this game. Its really and truly awesome. I finally got my mic to work, and so this is my first time getting to use Voice Chat, which rules and makes the game that much more fun.

I'm so bummed though that I can't buy the full game when it hits stores tomorrow. I'll have to wait until at least January, or hope that one of my brothers will buy it for me. Also, the community that I have played with seem really cool. I have only had two jerk players in a group before, and so I'm guessing that, at least in the demo, they are going to be few and far between. Mostly, everybody just wants to play the game and have fun figureing out how to get through the next area, and if we should all happen to die, oh well we can try again. That is a very refreshing viewpoint for gamers that I have seen. Especially after the last Multiplayer game I played was Halo 2, and it was chock full of absolute jerks! So I'm very happy with the quailty of gamer I have seen in this demo.

For instance. In my last game, which I just finished playing a few minutes ago, my group and I finished Expert about three or four times in a row, hardly dying at all. In the last room, we had flipped the switch and fought off the zombie horde that it conjurs, and were getting ready to leave. A rogue Hunter pinned one of my teamates, and I managed to help him. He was down to about 5 health, and was saying,

"Don't bother, I'm dead anyway."

"Your dead when I say your dead," I said.

And after helping him up, he thanked me, and we started moving towards the exit.

"Oh, by the way," I said, and promptly shot him. "Now your dead."

I laughed, he laughed, and I started helping him up again. But before that could happen, our other teamate proceeded to shot him dead. And then shot a gas tank near me killing me too. We all agreed, he won.

It sounds mean, but we had been playing for awhile, and now have eachother on our friends list. It was some of the best gaming I have ever played, and am very happy to finally get to play a Multiplayer game that I enjoyed.

SB

XD

That's hilarious, SB! It reminds me of a time Lurch (a buddy of mine) and I were playing Defend on Ghost Recon 1... we were both snipers, and we'd barely turned away the tide of bad guys. There were three left, he had his pistol, and I had two bullets in my rifle. A bad guy came around the bend, he shot him with his pistol, and started to reload, expecting the others. They came around the bend at PRECISELY THAT MOMENT.

I zoomed in with my rifle, and killed both of them with one shot, much to Lurch's surprise. He said, "You got them!" as it gave us the "Mission Complete" message, at which point, I said "I even saved one bullet for you!" He said, "What?" and I shot him in the head. We both laughed about it, and now every time one of us has one bullet left in his clip at the end of a level, we shoot the other.

Glad you're enjoying it, though, SB. Finding people you enjoy playing with can really make or break a game--I beta tested an MMORPG (Helbreath) once, and it was a decent game, but pretty much EVERYBODY was a douche. It's a PVP-type game, and it took quite a while to level up... especially since gold was EXCEPTIONALLY hard to come by in secure zones, and anywhere else tended to contain a lot of people from the city I wasn't affiliated with that would kill me on sight. I mean, it's a part of the game, but running around with shoddy, unrepaired gear that gets damaged whenever somebody runs up and kills me in the middle of a quest to keep me from getting gold to repair said gear got old.

The big problem was that nobody would run stuff with other people, so I never had any backup on quests. Loot simply dropped on the ground (much like in Diablo) so people would run up and steal it before I could pick it up. All the high-level players would stand around the guards AFFILIATED WITH OUR CITY THAT KEPT THE LOW-LEVEL AREAS PROTECTED FROM ATTACK and attack them, in hopes that they'd drop good loot, I guess. The guards wouldn't defend themselves against players from our side... which I didn't really understand... but that kept a lot of them occupied because I think the guards might've been invincible. I never saw one die, anyway. But all the people who could've otherwise been out in the world, making the hostile players from the other city think twice about wandering into areas around our town, were occupied trying to kill our own guys. Twenty of them would circle around one guard and hit him for seemingly hours on end.

Basically, to sum it all up, the game wasn't too bad--being that it was in beta anyway--but the other players really ruined it for me. So I never played it again. Now, of course, I think I dodged a bullet, because their site lists such things as buying gear for real-world money--which is the bane of other MMOs and is usually a violation of the terms of user agreements--but in Helbreath, you're apparently buying it from the makers of the game. It's also ten dollars to reassign up to ten stat points, unlike in (for instance) World of Warcraft, where you pay in-game money to change your abilities. But I digress.

Actually, this entire post has just been an extremely long digression... save one part, which I shall end with to make it seem like I did something useful with all the time you just spent reading my reminiscences. :P

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

XD

That's hilarious, SB!

Yeah, killing each other happens a lot in the end of Left 4 Dead Demo. Mainly because, when you reach the end, it plays a video that you can't skip. And so usually, everybody just stands around shooting each other, and then votes to restart the game. And so, I've made several friends now, and am looking forward to the game when I can finally buy it, or, if I'm lucky, get it for Christmas or my Birthday.

SB