Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KaizenNeko

Cartoon Llama

Y'know, I'm not sure what happened there, but somewhere along the line, the movie file just stopped working. Not sure if it was uploaded/downloaded in ASCII mode instead of binary, corrupted somewhere along the line, or what... obviously, something went wrong somewhere. I need to boot up my old desktop computer that I made it on and see if I can get a clean copy, at which point I'll put it up. It's somewhere on my list... the last couple of weeks at work have been hellish (to say the least) so I haven't even worked on the story I was working on for a bit and got excited about, or even rebuilt the TAOTISH navigation for Chapter 6. Or finished building any sort of useful content for SkullDaisy.com. :P

I'll get to it all eventually... but I'll make it a point to dig out the other computer for the Cartoon Llama Spirit Fighter Hero thing this weekend. I'm not even sure how I transferred the file off of the old computer, come to think of it... my last 3.5 inch external floppy drive went missing three computers ago.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

Well, I still haven't got a way to get the file off of the old computer, where it seems to work just fine. So, just to make sure everybody's updated on the situation, it hasn't changed. :P I'll have to get (or rediscover) a USB floppy drive in order to get it off of there, because the old computer is sufficiently aged to lack any sort of modern method of connecting peripherals--for instance, one might refer to external drives as "SCSI." I've even got an old Iomega zip drive hooked up to the thing--the problem being that it's the ORIGINAL, 100 MB zip cartridge as opposed to the "modern" 250 MB diskette that I used to turn all my computer programming class projects in on... seven years ago. So I can't even remember the last time I saw another drive that could read one of these things, let alone enable a file transfer between two computers with different hook-ups.

It doesn't even have an Ethernet port, for God's sake... back then, that was an add-on. I think it might have a phone line hookup for an external modem, but there's no phone line in the room with the computer in it and I'd never use the damn modem again should I go with that route. :P

In any case, unless I can miraculously find a floppy drive lying around the house somewhere, I'll probably have to wait until my paycheck on the 16th to acquire a new one. They're not too expensive, mind you, but with Christmas coming up and presents needing to be purchased, I'm taking it extra easy on my bank account following an $800 repair bill on my truck from where the clutch master cylinder apparently rent the firewall asunder. Which is a long story that I'll probably post somewhere else, what what.

Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter

It's not that it's a different megabyte size, it's that it's a completely different disk design. Basically, it's a really old SCSI drive made by Iomega that, upon further inspection, doesn't actually say "zip." It's, like, the predecessor or something. It uses more of a cartridge than a disk, which is deeper than a zip disk and larger. More square with rounded corners. It's like a cross between an external hard drive and a removable disk. I poked around on Google Image Search for a picture, but I can't find one; it basically looks more akin to this than this.

But, it's actually not a big deal anymore, because I actually found, on one of the OTHER moldering old pieces of technology buried deep within the confines of my old desk, an external SCSI zip disk. One of the more modern ones, that is, that's still somewhat compatible with technology manufactured in this millenium. All I need to do is find a USB zip drive...

Wait, that means I have the same problem again. Getting another drive to get the data off. :P At least a zip drive is slightly more useful in the long run. *shrug*

So... yeah. I'll keep you posted. Have a nice day!

The Insane Space Hunter