Infinite Unreality Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sword Bearer

Resident Evil 4

Well, since Capcom has decided to screw over the Wii owners by not releasing RE5, instead giving us another stupid "on rails" shooter, I've decided to go back and play RE4.

So far...I'm only getting angrier that Capcom isn't giving us RE5...RE4 is so dang good! I played it first on GC, and on Wii, its so much better with IR controls!

...stupid Capcom...

SB

P.S. I'll post a review, if anyone cares to read it, when I get through the game again.

Expect this to happen increasingly more often. It's really not Capcom's fault that the Wii isn't capable of rendering the same quality as RE5 demands. Really, yes the Wii has some great stuff but it's still only 480p and EXTREMELY aliased. Also I'm sure that RE5 is going to make a great deal of use of the harddrive in the 360 for caching purposes and hell you can only fit a hand full of Virtual Console games on the Wii's memory or SD card.

Nintendo may be making money hand over fist, but they're doing so at the expenses of NORMAL gamers. The statistics show that most gamers are in their late 20's to late 30's now, and the Wii's demographic is 5-16 and over 50. I can only handle so many kitschy, samey, and kiddy titles before revolting. Really there's only 4 reasons I bought a Wii: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Virtual Console...I might add No More Heroes if I ever get the damn game (but I'm having fun with Painkiller now).

Ahh good old re 4 fun game just to hop in an kill stuff. Mercenaries mode just pissed me off though. But nowadays i hate chainsaws because of this game. To many times i turn around and their right behind me in merc mode did i mention i hate the chainsaw people.

5 is fun, but doesn't really do anything new. It sort of takes the series away from horror and makes it more of an action/scifi game. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of monsters, they just aren't all that scary. Nothing like the Regenerators in 4...Those things still creep me out when I get to them.

My biggest gripe with 5 is they turned Jill into a Samus clone. Nothing wrong with that really, I mean if your going to copy a video game heroin then can't do better than Samus, but I was hoping for more originality

Still, very fun game though.

video game heroin

I've been trying to stop being a spelling and grammar nazi, but this just cannot be ignored.

It's spelled with an 'e'. Otherwise, it's the drug you shoot up into your arm.

My biggest gripe with 5 is they turned Jill into a Samus clone. Nothing wrong with that really, I mean if your going to copy a video game heroin heroine then can't do better than Samus, but I was hoping for more originality

I agree with you on that. Jill was fine as a brunette. Actually, I always saw that as one of her defining traits, but, as previously noted, I'm not really a player of the games :P